Some times, there is the need to convert a PDF file to an image. This happens because whenever you want to view a PDF file you must install (first) an external application (like Adobe Acrobat reader or FoxIt PDF reader,etc.) to view these type or files or maybe you want to view them in other devices like your mobile phone or your modern television. Unlike PDF files, the image files can be viewed in most devices without the need to install an application or plugin first to support them.
This tutorial will guide you through the steps you have to take to convert a pdf document to an image.
How to convert PDF files to Images
If you want to convert PDF file(s) to BMP, JPG, GIF, PNG, TIFF or WMF image(s) proceed to the next steps:
Step 1. Download & install "PDFill PDF Tools"
Notice*: The setup package contains the complete PDFill application including the evaluation copy of PDFill PDF Editor, the FREE PDF Tools and the FREE PDF and Image Writer.
2. Save the program on your computer or press "Run" to start the installation immediately.
3. Press "Yes" at UAC warning message.
4. Press "Next" at welcome screen.
5. Accept the License Agreement and press "Next"
6. Leave the default setup options (or modify them according to your needs) and press "Next".
7. Press "Install’ to start installation.
8. When the installation of PDFill applications is completed press "Finish". *
Notice.*: After Installation the installer checks and updates the Sun Java machine.
You can start working with PDFill PDF Free tools by:
Double clicking on "PDFill PDF Tools (Free)" icon on your desktop, or
from: " Start Menu > Programs > PDFill > PDFill PDF Tools (Free)"
When the PDFill PDF Free Tools are started, you can view all the program features. I found this program amazing because it provides some very useful functions to perform if you are working with PDF files.
The most important features of PDFill PDF Free tools are:
1. Merge: Merge or Combine two or more PDF files into a single PDF file.
2. Split, Reorder or Delete: Split, Extract, Reorder or Delete PDF pages from a PDF file into a new file.
3. Encrypt and Decrypt with Security Options: Encrypt or Decrypt PDF documents. Protect PDF files with passwords and prevent PDF files from being printed, copied, changed, filled, extracted, signed, assembled or merged.
4. Rotate and Crop: Rotate a PDF page or Crop a page to modify its layout.
5. Convert Images to PDF: Convert images (bmp, jpg, gif, png, tiff, and wmf) into a PDF file with layout options.
6. Convert PDF into images: Save PDF pages into images (png, jpg, bmp and tiff) with DPI options.
7. Add Information: Add information (title, author, subject, keywords, creator, etc.) to your PDF documents.
Step 2: Convert your PDF files to images
How to use PDFill PDF Free Tools to convert your PDF files to images.
1. To save your PDF file(s) as image(s), press "10. Convert PDF to Images" button.
2. In "Select a PDF to Image" dialog, select the PDF you want to convert in image and choose "Open"
3. At "Convert PDF to images" options.
a. You can Specify the PDF page(s) you want to convert to Image(s).
b. The Image resolution (DPI) and the color depth.
c. The image format (e.g. JPG, PNG, Tif, GIF, etc.).
4. After finishing setting your choices, press "Save As Image" button.
5. In "Save PDF as Image File" dialog, type the image name and the location to be stored and press "Save".
6. Wait until the converting process is complete (the program flashes) and press "Close" to end the program or repeat the last steps to continue with PDF to image conversion.