GS.Enabler (GS.Enabler.exe), SK.Enabler (SK.Enabler.exe), SK.Enhancer (SK.Enhancer.exe) & WS.Enabler (WS.Enabler.exe) by “PremiumSoft” company, are potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) that hide their existence from detection (and removal) and once they infect a computer, they violate user privacy and perform dangerous modifications on the infected computer.
Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP) may download malicious software on the infected system, disable the antivirus security on it and perform browsing redirects to unknown publishers in order to gain money. Commonly, PUPs are bundled inside free software programs that the user downloads and installs from unknown download sources.
If you want to remove “GS.Enabler”, “SK.Enabler”, “SK.Enhancer”, “WS.Enabler” PUPs from your computer, follow the steps below:
How to remove GS.Enabler, SK.Enabler, SK.Enhancer, WS.Enabler PUPs from your computer:
Step 1: Start your computer in “Safe Mode with Networking”
Start your computer in Safe mode with network support. To do that:
Windows 7, Vista & XP users:
- Close all programs and reboot your computer.
- Press the "F8" key as your computer is booting up, before the appearance of the Windows logo.
- When the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" appears on your screen, use your keyboard arrows keys to highlight the “Safe Mode with Networking” option and then press "ENTER".
Windows 8 & 8.1 users:
- Press “Windows” + “R” keys to load the Run dialog box.
- Type “msconfig” and press Enter.
- Click the Boot tab and check “Safe Boot” & “Network”.
- Click “OK” and restart your computer.
Note: In order to boot Windows in “Normal Mode” again, you have to uncheck the “Safe Boot” setting by using the same procedure.
Step 2. Uninstall Malicious and Unwanted programs from Windows Control Panel.
1. To do this, go to:
- Windows 7 & Vista: Start > Control Panel.
- Windows XP: Start > Settings > Control Panel
- Windows 8 & 8.1:
2. Double click to open:
- Add or Remove Programs if you have Windows XP.
- Programs and Features (or “Uninstall a Program”) if you have Windows 8, 7 or Vista.
3. When the program list is displayed on your screen:
1. Sort the the programs displayed by Installation date (Click at Installed On).
2. Remove (Uninstall) any unknown program that was recently installed on your system.
3. Uninstall the following applications (if exist)*:
- GSEnabler, GS.Enabler, GS-Enabler, GS_Enabler (by “PremiumSoft”)
- SKEnabler, SK.Enabler, SK-Enabler, SK_Enabler (by “PremiumSoft”)
- SKEnhancer, SK.Enhancer, SK-Enhancer, SK_Enhancer (by “PremiumSoft”)
- WSEnabler, WS.Enabler, WS-Enabler, WS_Enabler (by “PremiumSoft”)
- Adobe Updater
- DDoWnloAD kkeaepEr
- DoWnloaad keepera
- GS.Supporter 1.80
- Optimizer Pro v3.2
- ss u Supporter
- surf and keEap
- If you don't find the unwanted program on the list, then continue to the next step.
- If you receive the “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall” error message, during uninstall process, then follow this uninstall guide to remove the program and then continue to the next steps.
Step 3. Delete Malicious Folders & Files
Notice: You must enable the hidden files view to perform this task.
1. Navigate to the following locations paths & delete the following folder(s):
C:\Program Files\Optimizer Pro
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Quickset
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SoftWarehouse
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\StarApp\GS-Enabler
Windows 8, 7, Vista
Step 4: Remove Adware Settings and Folders with “AdwCleaner”.
1. Download and save AdwCleaner utility to your computer.
2. Close all open programs and Double Click to open ”AdwCleaner” from your computer.
3. After accepting the “License Agreement”, press the “Scan” button.
4. When the scan is completed, press “Clean” to remove all the unwanted malicious entries.
5. Press “OK” at “AdwCleaner – Information” and press “OK” again to restart your computer.
6. When your computer restarts, close "AdwCleaner" information (readme) window and continue to the next step.
Step 5. Remove Junkware files with Junkware Removal Tool.
1. Download and run JRT – Junkware Removal Tool.
2. Press any key to start scanning your computer with “JRT – Junkware Removal Tool”.
3. Be patient until JRT scans and cleans your system.
4. Close JRT log file and and then reboot your computer.
Step 6. Remove Malicious infections with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is one of the most reliable FREE anti malware programs today to clean your computer from all remaining malicious threats. If you want to stay constantly protected from malware threats, existing and future ones, we recommend that you install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium. You can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free from the link below:
Quick download & Installation instructions:
- After you click the above link, press at the “Start My Free 14-Trial” option to start your download.
- To install the FREE version of this amazing product, uncheck the “Enable free Trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium” option at the last installation screen.
Scan & Clean your computer with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
1. Run "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" and allow the program to update to its latest version and malicious database if needed.
2. When the update process is completed, press the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your system for malware and unwanted programs.
3. Now wait until Malwarebytes Anti-Malware finishes scanning your computer for malware.
4. When the scan has completed, press the “Quarantine All” (Remove Selected) button to remove all threats found.
5. Wait until Malwarebytes Anti-Malware removes all infections from your system and then restart your computer (if required from the program) to completely remove all active threats.
6. After the system restart, run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware again to verify that no other threats remain in your system.
Advice: To ensure that your computer is clean and safe, perform a Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware full scan in Windows "Safe mode". Detailed instructions on how to do that you can find here.
Step 7. Clean unwanted files and entries.
Use CCleaner program and proceed to clean your system from temporary internet files and invalid registry entries. If you don’t know how to install and use CCleaner, then read these instructions.
Step 8. Restart your computer for changes to take effect and perform a full scan with your antivirus program.
- Related article: Best Free Antivirus Programs for Home use.
Step 9 (Optional) – Remove Adware Settings from Internet Explorer, Chrome & Firefox.
To ensure that all adware Settings are completely removed from your Internet browser, reset your Internet Browser Settings to their default values.
Remove Adware settings from Internet Explorer
1. From Internet Explorer main menu, click: "Tools " and choose "Internet Options".
2. Click the “Advanced” tab.
3. Choose “Reset”.
4. Check (to enable) the “Delete personal settings” box and choose “Reset”.
5. After the resetting action is completed, press “Close” and then choose “OK” to exit Internet Explorer options.
6. Close all windows and restart Internet Explorer.
Remove Adware settings from Chrome.
2. Look at the end of “Settings” options and press the “Show advanced settings” link.
3. Scroll all the page down and press the “Reset Browser Settings” button.
4. Press the “Reset” button again.
5. Restart Google Chrome.
Note: If the problem persists then you have to have to completely uninstall and re-install Google Chrome.
Remove Adware settings from Firefox.
1. From Firefox menu, go to “Help” > “Troubleshooting Information”.
2. In “Troubleshooting Information” window, press “Reset Firefox” button to reset Firefox to its default state.
3. Press “Reset Firefox" again.
4. After the resetting job is completed, Firefox restarts.