“RegClean Pro” (by “Systweak.com”) is a system utility that cleans and fixes the computer registry. “RegClean Pro” is a LEGITIMATE software and usually comes on a computer as a bundled software inside other free programs that the user wants to install on its computer. Upon installed, RegClean Pro performs a registry scan and then demands from the computer user to buy the program in order to fix the invalid registry or system errors.
Sometimes users complain that while RegClean Pro is running, they cannot close the program, their computer speed is slowing down and they cannot remove the program from their computer using Add/Remove Programs feature from control panel. This tutorial is written to help users to completely uninstall (remove) the “RegClean Pro” utility from their computers if they don’t want to pay in order to use it.
Note: You must always pay attention when you install software on your computer.
If you want to completely remove "RegClean Pro" from your computer, use the steps below:
How to remove “RegClean Pro” from your computer:
Step 1. Start your computer in Safe Mode
As RegClean Pro removal process –sometimes- is difficult to be performed, while running in normal Windows mode, it is better to reboot your computer and to log on to Windows using “Safe Mode” option.
1. To get into Windows Safe mode, press the “F8” key as your computer is booting up (before the appearance of the Windows logo).
2. When the “Windows Advanced Options Menu” appears on your screen, use your keyboard arrows keys to move to the “Safe Mode” option and then press “ENTER“.
Step 2. Uninstall "Systweak” software from your Windows Control panel.
1. To do this, go to:
- Windows 8/7/Vista: Start > Control Panel.
- Windows XP: Start > Settings > Control Panel
2. Double click to open
- Add or Remove Programs if you have Windows XP
- Programs and Features if you have Windows 8, 7 or Vista.
3. In the program list, find and Remove (Uninstall) the following applications:
- Advanced System Protector (Systweak Software)
- MyPC Backup
- RegClean Pro (Systweak Inc)
- Any other application from “SysTweak” publisher.
Step 2. Manually delete remaining “RegClean Pro” files/folders.
1. Open Windows explorer and navigate to “C:\Program Files” folder.
2. Delete all the folders listed below, if they exist:
- RegClean Pro
- Advanced System Protector
- MyPC Backup
2. Restart your computer and continue to Step 3.
Step 3: Remove RegClean Pro entries with AdwCleaner.
1. Download and save “AdwCleaner” utility to your desktop.
2. Close all open programs and Double Click to open ”AdwCleaner” from your desktop.
3. Press “Scan”.
4. When the scan is completed, press “Clean” to remove all the unwanted malicious entries.
4. Press “OK” at “AdwCleaner – Information” and press “OK” again to restart your computer.
5. When your computer restarts, close "AdwCleaner" information (readme) window and continue to the next step.
Step 4. Clean your computer with MalwareBytes Antimalware.
Download and install one of the most reliable FREE anti malware programs today to clean your computer from remaining malicious threats. If you want to stay constantly protected from malware threats, existing and future ones, we recommend that you install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO:
*If you don’t know how to install and use “MalwareBytes Anti-Malware“, read these instructions.
Advice: To ensure your computer is clean and safe, perform a Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware full scan in windows “Safe mode“.*
*To get into Windows Safe mode, press the “F8” key as your computer is booting up, before the appearance of the Windows logo. When the “Windows Advanced Options Menu” appears on your screen, use your keyboard arrows keys to move to the Safe Mode option and then press “ENTER“.
Step 5. Clean unwanted files and entries.
Use “CCleaner” program and proceed to clean your system from temporary internet files and invalid registry entries.*
*If you don’t know how to install and use “CCleaner”, read these instructions.