AVG Nation search & AVG Nation Toolbar are installed on your computer when you install AVG Link Scanner from AVG Technologies. The AVG Nation search settings offer browser safety and security features when you browse the Internet. Technically, AVG Nation is not a virus, but when it is installed on your computer, it hijacks your Internet browser settings in order to perform browsers redirects and display advertisements from unknown publishes. Specifically, when AVG Nation is installed on your computer, it modifies your Internet browser search settings to avg.nation.com.
To remove “AVG Nation software” from your computer, follow the steps below:
How to remove AVG Nation Search Toolbar from your computer:
Step 1. Uninstall applications belonging to the “InfoSpace” publisher from your Control panel.
1. To do this, go to:
- Windows 8/7/Vista: Start > Control Panel.
- Windows XP: Start > Settings > Control Panel
2. Double click to open
- Add or Remove Programs if you have Windows XP
- Programs and Features if you have Windows 8, 7 or Vista.
3. In the program list, find and Remove (Uninstall) the following application(s) :
- AVG Nationn toolbar (By Infospace)
Step 2. Clean AVG Nation Toolbar by using the “AVG Browser Configuration Tool”
1. Download and save the AVG Browser Configuration Tool to your computer.
2. Go to your download location and run the “AVG Browser Configuration Tool” utility.
4. “Accept” the license agreement.
5. Press “Continue” to start restoring your browsing settings and wait to complete.
6. Finally press “OK” to exit.
Step 3. Manually remove AVG Nation toolbar & AVG Nation search settings from your internet browser.
Normally, after performing the previous steps, your browser is clean. If you want to ensure that your browser is totally clean from AVG Nation search settings and AVG Nation Toolbar, then choose your browser from the list bellow and follow the detailed instructions.
How to remove AVG Nation toolbar & AVG Nation search settings from Internet Explorer.
1. From Internet Explorer main menu, click: “Tools ” and choose “Internet Options“.
2. At “General” tab, delete the unwanted homepage (avg.nation.com) from “Home page” box & type your preferred Home Page (e.g. www.google.com)
3. At “Search” section, press “Settings” in Search section. *
Notice*: If you want to modify search settings in Internet explorer while in main Internet Explorer window, just press the “Gear” icon (on the top right corner) and choose “Manage Add-ons” .
4. On “Search Providers” options, choose and “Set as default” a search provider other than the unwanted search provider “AVG Nation search”.
5. Then choose the unwanted search provider “AVG Nation search” and click Remove.
6. Choose “Toolbars and Extensions” on the left pane and then select the unwanted “AVG Nation Toolbar” & click “Disable”
7. Close all Internet Explorer windows and restart your browser.
8. Proceed to Step 3.
How to remove AVG Nation toolbar & AVG Nation search settings from Google Chrome.
2. On “Startup” section, choose “Set Pages“.
3. Delete the unwanted webpage “avg.nation.com” from startup pages by pressing the “X” symbol on the right.
4. Set your preferred startup page (e.g. http://www.google.com) and press “OK“.
5. Under “Appearance” section, check to enable the “Show Home button” option and choose “Change”.
6. Delete the unwanted webpage “avg.nation.com” entry from “Open this page” box.
7. Type (if you like) your preferred webpage to open when you press your “Home page” button (e.g. www.google.com) or leave this field blank and press “OK”.
5. Go to “Search” section and choose “Manage search engines“.
6. Choose your preferred default search engine (e.g. Google search) and press “Make default“.
7. Then choose the unwanted search engine “AVG Nation Search” search engine and remove it by pressing the “X” symbol at the right.
Choose “Done” to close “Search engines” window.
8. Choose “Extensions” on the left.
9. Remove any unwanted extension “AVG Nation Toolbar” from here by pressing the “recycle icon” to the right.
10. Close all Google Chrome windows and restart your browser.
11. Proceed to Step 3.
How to remove AVG Nation toolbar & AVG Nation search settings from Mozilla Firefox.
1. Click on “Firefox” menu button on the top left of Firefox window and go “Options”.
2. In “General” tab delete the unwanted homepage: “http://search.conduit.com” page from “Home Page” box & type your preferred homepage (e.g. http://www.google.com).
Press “OK” when finished.
3. From Firefox menu, go to “Tools” > “Manage Add-ons”.
4. Choose “Extensions” on the left and then “Disable” the unwanted extension “AVG Nation Toolbar”,.
5. Choose “Plugins” on the left and “Disable” the unwanted plugin “AVG SiteSafety plugin”.
6. Close all Firefox windows and restart your browser.
7. Proceed to the next Step.
Step 4: Clean remaining registry entries using “AdwCleaner”.
1. Download and save “AdwCleaner” utility to your desktop.
2. Close all open programs and Double Click to open ”AdwCleaner” from your desktop.
3. Press “Scan”.
4. When the scan is completed, press “Clean” to remove all the unwanted malicious entries.
4. Press “OK” at “AdwCleaner – Information” and press “OK” again to restart your computer.
5. When your computer restarts, close “AdwCleaner” information (readme) window and continue to the next step.
Step 5. Clean your computer from remaining malicious threats.
Download and install one of the most reliable FREE anti malware programs today to clean your computer from remaining malicious threats. If you want to stay constantly protected from malware threats, existing and future ones, we recommend that you install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO:
*If you don’t know how to install and use “MalwareBytes Anti-Malware“, read these instructions.
Advice: To ensure your computer is clean and safe, perform a Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware full scan in windows “Safe mode“.*
*To get into Windows Safe mode, press the “F8” key as your computer is booting up, before the appearance of the Windows logo. When the “Windows Advanced Options Menu” appears on your screen, use your keyboard arrows keys to move to the Safe Mode option and then press “ENTER“.
Step 6. Clean unwanted files and entries.
Use “CCleaner” program and proceed to clean your system from temporary internet files and invalid registry entries.*
*If you don’t know how to install and use “CCleaner”, read these instructions.