SaveClicker is a browser adware extension (add-on) that displays coupons with offers and advertisements when you are shopping online. The program publisher claims that you can save money when you buy online, but when “SaveClicker” is installed on your computer, then more ads and pop-ups are displayed on your screen as you are working on your computer or as you browse the Internet.
SaveClicker adware can install additional plugins (toolbars, extensions or add-ons) inside the Web browser in order to present unwanted advertisements to the computer user. Adware programs like this, may contain malware (malicious software) in their code in order to compromise the computer security and make it vulnerable to hackers or malicious Internet attacks.
Technically, “SaveClicker” is not a virus and is categorized as a malware program (“Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)”) that may contain and install malicious programs on your computer, like adware, toolbars or viruses.
SaveClicker adware program was probably installed without the user's notice because it is commonly bundled inside other freeware software which are downloaded -and installed- from known internet sites like “download.com (CNET)”, “Softonic.com”, etc. For that reason, you must always pay attention at the installations options for any program you install on your computer, because most software installers contain additional software that you never wanted to install. With simple words, DO NOT INSTALL ANY IRRELEVANT SOFTWARE that comes with the software installer of the program that you want to install. More specifically when you install a program on your computer:
- DO NOT PRESS the “Next” button too fast at the installation screens.
- READ VERY CAREFULLY the Terms and Agreements before clicking ACCEPT.
- ALWAYS SELECT: “Custom” installation.
- DECLINE to install any offered additional software that you don’t want to install.
- UNCHECK any option that says that your homepage and search settings will be modified.
If you want to easily remove Ads by SaveClicker from your computer, follow the steps below:
How to get rid of SaveClicker Pop-Up Ads
Step 1. Remove SaveClicker with RogueKiller.
RogueKiller is an anti-malware program and is able to detect, stop & remove generic malwares and some advanced threats such as rootkits, rogues, worms, etc.
1. Download and save "RogueKiller" utility on your computer'* (e.g. your Desktop)
Notice*: Download version x86 or X64 according to your operating system's version. To find your operating system's version, "Right Click" on your computer icon, choose "Properties" and look at "System Type" section.
2. Double Click to run RogueKiller.
3. Wait until the pre-scan is completed and then read and “Accept” the license terms.
4. Press the “Scan” button to scan your computer for malicious threats and malicious startup entries.
5. Finally, when the full scan is completed, press the "Delete" button to remove all malicious items found.
6. Close “RogueKiller” and continue to the next step.
Step 2. Uninstall SaveClicker software from your computer.
1. To do this, go to:
- Windows 8/7/Vista: Start > Control Panel.
- Windows XP: Start > Settings > Control Panel
2. Double click to open
- Add or Remove Programs if you have Windows XP
- Programs and Features if you have Windows 8, 7 or Vista.
3. When the program list is displayed on your screen, sort the programs displayed by Installation date (Installed on) and then find and Remove (Uninstall) any unknown application that was lately installed on your system. Also remove any of these adware applications listed below:
- WPN22.214.171.1243 (By: Cherished Technology LIMITED)*
* Also remove any other unknown or unwanted application.
Step 3: Remove SaveClicker with AdwCleaner.
AdwCleaner is a free removal tool that can easily remove Adware software (ads software), PUP (Potentially Unwanted Programs), Toolbars, Hijackers.
1. Download and save “AdwCleaner” utility to your desktop.
2. Close all open programs and Double Click to open ”AdwCleaner” from your desktop.
3. Press “Scan”.
4. When the scan is completed, press “Clean” to remove all the unwanted malicious entries.
4. Press “OK” at “AdwCleaner – Information” and press “OK” again to restart your computer.
5. When your computer restarts, close "AdwCleaner" information (readme) window and continue to the next step.
Step 4. Remove "SaveClicker" adware extensions from your Internet browser.
Normally after you follow the above steps, your internet browser should be clean from “SaveClicker” adware extension. To make sure that the "SaveClicker” add-on doesn’t exist anymore inside your browser, follow the instructions below:
How to remove SaveClicker adware extension from Internet Explorer.
2. Choose “Toolbars and Extensions”on the left pane.
- Disable the following toolbars or extensions:
3. Restart Internet Explorer.
How to delete SaveClicker from Chrome.
2. Choose “Extensions” from the left pane.
3. Remove the following unwanted extensions from here:
- Quick Start
4. Restart Google Chrome.
How to remove SaveClicker Ads from Firefox.
1. Click on “Firefox” menu button on the top left of Firefox window and go to “Add-ons”.
2. Click “Extensions” from the left pane and then remove the following unwanted extensions:
- Quick Start
3. Close all Firefox windows and restart Firefox.
4. On Firefox URL box, type the following command: about:config & press Enter.
5. Click at “I’ll be careful, I promise” button.
6a. In the search box type: “quick_start” & press Enter.
6b. Now right-click on every “quick_start” value found & select “Reset”.
7. Close all Firefox windows and restart Firefox.
Step 5. Delete Malicious Folders & Files
Notice: You must enable the hidden files view to perform this task.
- Start > Control Panel > Folder Options. Click the "View" tab.
- Click "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" &
- Uncheck the "Hide protected operating system files"
- Press "OK"
1. Navigate to the following paths & delete the following folder(s) (in bold):
- C:\Program Files\SaveClicker
Step 6. Remove SaveClicker with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
Download and install one of the most reliable FREE anti malware programs today to clean your computer from remaining malicious threats. If you want to stay constantly protected from malware threats, existing and future ones, we recommend that you install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium:
Quick download & Installation instructions:
- After you click the above link, press at the “Start My Free 14-Trial” option to start your download.
- To install the FREE version of this amazing product, uncheck the “Enable free Trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium” option at the last installation screen.
Scan & Clean your computer with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
1. Run "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" and allow the program to update to its latest version and malicious database if needed.
2. When the update process is completed, press the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your system for malware and unwanted programs.
3. Now wait until Malwarebytes Anti-Malware finishes scanning your computer for malware.
4. When the scan has completed, first press the “Quarantine All” button to remove all threats and then click “Apply Actions”.
5. Wait until Malwarebytes Anti-Malware removes all infections from your system and then restart your computer (if required from the program) to completely remove all active threats.
6. After the system restarts, run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware again to verify that no other threats remain in your system.
Advice: To ensure that your computer is clean and safe, perform a Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware full scan in Windows "Safe mode". Detailed instructions on how to do that you can find here.
Step 7. Clean SaveClicker unwanted files and registry entries.
Use “CCleaner” program and proceed to clean your system from temporary internet files and invalid registry entries.*
*If you don’t know how to install and use “CCleaner”, read these instructions.