The following pop up message is displayed randomly on a Macbook Pro: "To use the java command line tool you need to install a JDK. Click "More info…" to visit the Java Developer kit download website".
The error is received because an installed application needs Java to run properly, but in newer versions of OS X, the Java support has been removed for security reasons.
This tutorial contains instructions to fix the following problem on MAC OS X: "To use the "java" command-line tool you need to install a JDK"
How to FIX: JAVA command line tools needs JDK (Mac OS X).
Step 1. Delete "facebook.videochat.xxx.plist file
1. Using Finder click Go to Folder
2. At the search box type: ~/Library/LaunchAgents/
3. Right-click at the "com.facebook.videochat.USERNAME.plist"* and select Move to Trash *
* Note: If you cannot find the "com.facebook.videochat.USERNAME.plist" file then continue to the next step.
4. Then Empty Trash.
5. Restart you MAC and your problem should be gone. *
* Note: If the problems persists then continue to the next step.
Step 2. Download and install JAVA.
1. Download JAVA from the following website:
2. When the download is completed, open the .dmg file and install Java 6 runtime for MAC OS X.
3. When the installation is completed, restart your MAC.
That's it! Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.