Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, one of the most powerful antimalware programs in the last years, recently updated to its latest version 3.0. In the latest version, Malwarebytes has removed "Anti-Malware" from program's name, because now the program combines anti-malware and antivirus protection.
Malwarebytes v3.0 Free, can detect and remove viruses, adware and malware like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, spyware with just a few clicks. On the other hand, if you want to be always protected from viruses and malware threats, you can buy the Malwarebytes v3.0 Premium version (cost about 40$ per year).
Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium is a comprehensive security solution that protects your system in real-time, against viruses, ransomware, exploit attacks and malicious webpages, which third party antivirus programs cannot detect. Malwarebytes is updated very often, which allows you to stay protected from every new treat that comes out. To view the differences between Malwarebytes 3.0 Free and Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium versions click here.
This tutorial contains detailed instructions on how to install and clean your computer with Malwarebytes 3.0.
How to Install & Clean your computer with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware v3.0 Free
Part 1. How to install Malwarebytes v3.0 FREE.
1. Download Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium. *
* Note: After the 14-day trial period, Malwarebytes reverts to a free version but without real-time protection for ransomware, viruses or malware programs.
2. Click the FREE DOWNLOAD button to start downloading.
3. When the download is completed, double-click at “mb3-setup-consumer-3.0.xxx.exe” file to start the installation of Malwarebytes 3.0.
4. At the installation screens, choose your preferred language, and just press the Next button in all installation screens, to install the product.
5. When the installation is completed, click Finish.
Part 2. How to clean your computer with Malwarebytes v3.0 Free
1. Launch Malwarebytes Premium Trial and wait until the program updates its antivirus database.
2. When the update process is completed, press the Scan Now button to start scanning your system for malware and unwanted programs.
3. Now wait until Malwarebytes finishes scanning your computer for malware.
4. When the scan has completed, select all detected malware infections (if found) and then press the Quarantine Selected button to remove all threats from your computer.
5. Wait until Malwarebytes removes all infections from your system and then restart your computer (if required from the program) to completely remove all active threats.
6. After the system restart, run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware again, to verify that no other threats remain in your system.
To keep your system clean from viruses & malware with Malwarebytes:
1. Always update Malwarebytes's database before scanning your computer.
2. Regularly (e.g. once a week) scan your computer with MBAM.
3. To ensure that your computer is clean and safe, run a full scan with Malwarebytes in Windows Safe Mode. (Part-3).
Part 3. How to perform a full scan with Malwarebytes v3.0 Free
The safest way to scan and clean a computer for threats, is to start Windows in Safe Mode and then run MalwareBytes.To boot Windows in Safe Mode:
1. Press Windows + R keys on your keyboard to load the Run dialog box.
2. Type msconfig and press Enter.
3. Select the Boot tab and then check the Safe Boot option.
4. Click OK and restart your computer. *
* Note: In order to boot Windows in Normal Mode again, run MSCONFIG, uncheck the Safe Boot and restart.
To perform a full scan with Malwarebytes 3.0:
1. Launch Malwarebytes and press the Scan option on the left menu.
2. Select the Custom Scan method and then click the Configure Scan button.
3. At Custom Scan options, check all available scanning options (1), then select all the available disks (2) and finally press the Start Now button (3) to scan your entire system for malware.
That it! Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.