If you are looking for how to sign out of your Google Account on any of your devices, then this article is for you.
If your computer is permanently in a secure location, such as your home or office, and you only use it, it's perfectly acceptable to stay signed in to your Google Account at all times. The same principle applies if you own a smartphone that is used only by you.
However, if you share your computer or tend to leave your phone or tablet in places where others can access it, make it a habit to sign out of your Google Account regularly. This is important because when you stay signed in, you risk giving access to personal information like your email, your Google Docs, your Google Photos, your Google Calendar, etc..
Of course, this is not so convenient, because when you need to sign in to your Google account again, you will have to select it again or retype your password, but this only takes 10 seconds, which is worth it for your security.
In this article, we will go through the steps on how to logout of your Google account on different devices (Windows, Mac, Android, iOS).
How to Sign-Out from Google Account on Desktop or Mobile.
Signing out of your Google account is a simple process. Just follow along with the appropriate steps for your platform. This article covers various platforms, including web browsers, Android, iOS, and others.
- Sign-out of Google Account in Desktop (Windows or Mac).
- Sign-out of Google Account in Android devices.
- Sign-out of Google Account in iOS devices.
- Sign-out your Google Account on a certain or all devices.
1. How to Sign Out and Remove your Google Account on your Web Browser.
As you know, you can stay always connected to Google Services (Gmail, Google drive, etc.) by saving your Google credentials the first time you sign in to your Google account from your favorite browser.
To sign out of Google, follow these steps, which are the same in all web browsers on both Windows and Mac computers:
2. Click on your Google profile picture located in the upper-right corner and choose Sign out.*
* Note: If you're logged into multiple Google accounts, you will have the option to sign out of all of them simultaneously. To do this, click on the profile picture and then select Sign out of all accounts.
3. After you have successfully signed out of Google in your web browser, when you try to access Google services again (Gmail , Google Drive, Google Photos or YouTube), you will need to sign in to your account again. *
* Attention: If you have saved your Google account login credentials in the browser, then these will be filled in automatically when you try to login. But if you don't want this to happen for your security, go to your browser's Privacy & Security settings and delete your Google account credentials. (eg. in Chrome, go to Settings > Autofill & Passwords > Google Password Manager).
2. How to Sign Out and Remove Google Account on Android.
While your Google account is typically linked to your Android phone, you can sign out and remove it from your device by using the steps below.
* Note: These instructions are applicable to all Android users, regardless of their device or model.
1. Open Android Settings and then tap Accounts or Passwords & accounts or Accounts & sync on other android models. *
* Note: An alternative way to open the Google Account settings, is to open the Gmail app, to tap on the profile picture on the upper right-corner and then to tap Manage account on this device.
2. Now tap on your Google account and the tap on the More button bottom of the screen.
3. Tap on Remove Account button.
4. Finally, read carefully the information message and, if you agree, tap Remove account to confirm your decision and to delete your Google Account and its related data from your android device.
3. How to Sign-Out from Google Account in iOS devices.
If you're signed in to your Google Account on an iOS device, you can follow these steps to sign out and remove your account from any app you've signed in to your Google Account.*
* Note: Please note that on iOS devices you must sign in with your Google Account for any app you use separately. This means that if you sign out of your Google Account in Safari, you'll stay signed in to Chrome. To remove your Google Account from all apps on a iOS device, continue reading below.
How to sign-out from your Google Account in Safari:
1. Open Safari on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Tap your Google profile picture in the upper-right corner and hen click Sign out.
How to sign-out from your Google Account in Gmail app on iOS:
1. Open the Gmail app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Tap on your Google profile picture in the upper right corner and then tap Manage accounts on this device.
3. Toggle the switch next to your Google account to Off to log out. Alternatively, you can press Remove from this device button to completely remove your account from the device.
How to Sign-out from Google Account in Chrome or from all Google Apps (iOS devices)
If you're using Chrome on your iPhone or iPad and you're signed in with your Google Account, follow these steps to sign out of your Google Account in Chrome or all Google apps:
1. Open the Chrome and Tap on your profile picture on the top right corner.
2. In Settings window, tap on your Google account (If you have setup more than one Google accounts, tap on the one you want to remove).
3. Now do one of the following according the action you want to perform:
A. To sign-out of your Google account only in Chrome app, click the Sign Out button.
B. To sign out of your Google Account in all Google apps installed on your iOS device, (e.g. GMAIL, Drive, Photos, etc.)"
1.Tap on your Google Account and in the pop-up window tap Remove from the Device. *
* Note: By doing this, you'll be signed out from all other Google apps automatically.
2. Finally, read carefully the information message and, if you agree, tap Remove to delete the Google Account and its data from all the Google apps on your iOS device.
4. How to Sign Out of your Google Account on all devices or on a specific device.
If you've signed in to your Google Account on multiple devices, or if you want to sign out of your Google Account on a device that no longer belongs to you (eg because you lost it or your device was stolen), then you can follow the steps below to disconnect your Google account from all devices or from a specific device.
1. Open a web browser and login to your Google account profile page (https://myaccount.google.com/), or, if you're already signed to a Google service (eg Gmail), click on your Google profile picture on the top right corner and then click Manage your Account
2. Now select the Security section and scroll down to Your devices section. Then click Manage all devices.
3. In Your devices windows click on the device that you want to sign-out from your Google account.
4. Finally, click the Sign-out button and you're done!
That's it! Which method worked for you?
Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.
- How to Increase Disk size in VirtualBox. - February 28, 2024
- FIX: Media Disconnected error on Windows 10/11. - February 26, 2024
- FIX: VirtualBox Could not open guest session: VERR_NOT_FOUND when upgrading Guest Additions. (Solved) - February 21, 2024