As you may know, the SharePoint Online, gives you the option to sync the SharePoint Document library to your computer, by using the OneDrive for Business app. This allows you to have all your local files synchronized with SharePoint when an Internet connection is available.
This tutorial contains instructions on how you can synchronize your folders and files from your SharePoint site to your computer by using the OneDrive app. If you 're interested to sync other folders from your PC or your Network (Network Shares) with the SharePoint Online, or you want to easy upload multiple folders/files to SharePoint Online, read this tutorial: How to Sync Local Folders or Shares with SharePoint Online.
How to Sync the SharePoint Files to your PC.
To synchronize your SharePoint documents library with your computer:
1. Sign in with your Microsoft account to the SharePoint site.
2. Open the library that you want to sync.
3. Click the Sync button.
4. After clicking the sync button, click Allow on Internet Explorer window to allow the SharePoint site to open in File Explorer. *
* Note: If the OneDrive is not installed on your system, you 'll be prompted to install it. After the installation. click the Sync button again.
5. At the next window, click Start sync to sync the SharePoint files with your computer.
6. When the file synchronization is complete, you'll see a new OneDrive folder (under your personal OneDrive folder, if you have one), that contains the synchronized files with the SharePoint Document library. This folder is located at the following location on your disk:
- C:\Users\%Your Username%\%SharePoint-Library-Name%
7. If you want to select which SharePoint folders will be synchronized with your computer, or to stop the synchronization:
a. Right click at the OneDrive icon, in the Notification bar and select Settings.
b. At 'Account' tab, click Choose folders next to the SharePoint account. *
* Note: To stop the synchronization click Stop sync. (This action, will completely stop the syncing of SharePoint files between your PC and SharePoint Online, and will unlink your account from the OneDrive app. A copy of these files will be left on this PC)
c. Select which individual SharePoint folders or files you want to be synchronized with your PC and click OK.
That's it! Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.