Last updated on April 4th, 2014
When you use your Internet browser to search whatever interests you, your web browser keeps a record of websites that you have visited to make it easier for you to find them in the future. That feature is called “Browsing History” and regardless of the fact that it is a very useful feature, on the other side, it bypasses your privacy in case you are using a computer which is also accessed by other people.
This is a step by step tutorial on how to view and delete your browsing history or parts of it in Firefox Internet browser.
How to view your browsing history in Mozilla Firefox.
First of all, open Mozilla Firefox and navigate to history view. To do that:
1. Click on “Firefox” menu button on the top left of Firefox window and go to “History” > “Show All History”.
In history window you can view all visited pages and you have the following options:
- Option 1: Delete specific webpage(s).
- Option 2: Forget a website.*
* Attention: If you choose the “Forget About This Site” option, then Firefox will remove every information stored for the selected website (e.g. passwords, cookies, preferences, etc.).
How to clear your browsing history in Mozilla Firefox.
1. Click on “Firefox” menu button on the top left of Firefox window and go to “History” > “Clear Recent History”.
2. At “Time range to clear” options, specify the period that you want to clear the saved history. (e.g. “Everything” to clear all saved history)
3. Click at the “Details” arrow to view what things will be cleared.
4. Leave the default options (or include or exclude any of them you want) and press the “Clear Now” button to erase your browsing history.
Keep in mind that this procedure doesn’t clear the saved passwords from visited websites.
How to view and delete stored passwords in Mozilla Firefox.
If you want to erase all saved passwords from the sites you visited, then:
1. From “Firefox” menu, click on “Options”.
2. At “Options” panel, click the “Security” tab.
3. Click the “Saved Passwords” button.
4. At “Saved Passwords” window, you can:
- Clear all stored passwords for all websites listed by pressing the “Remove All” button.
- Clear an individual site's password by selecting it and pressing the “Remove” button.
- View all stored passwords in Firefox by pressing the “Show Passwords” button.