Attentive Antivirus is a another fake antivirus like System Care Antivirus, Avasoft Antivirus, etc. and upon installed on your computer, it claims that malicious threats are found on your computer and you must buy the full version of the program to clean them.
The software comes on your computer when you try to download and install free software from unknown internet websites. Please ignore all fake warning messages and DO NOT give money to purchase the full version.
If you want to remove Attentive Antivirus from your computer, proceed with the steps bellow:
How to remove Attentive Antivirus from your computer.
Step 1: Start your computer in “Safe Mode with Networking”
To do this,
1. Shut down your computer.
2. Start up your computer (Power On) and as your computer is booting up, press the "F8" key before the Windows logo appears.
3. Using your keyboard arrows select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option and press "Enter".
Step 2. Clean unwanted files and registry entries from Windows Startup.
1. Download and run CCleaner.
2. At “CCleaner” main window, choose "Tools" on the left pane.
4a. In "Tools" section, choose "Startup".
4b. Choose "Windows” tab and then select and delete all malicious programs running on Windows startup: *
Additional Information*: Commonly this Rogue Antivirus runs from the following locations on your computer:
– “C:\ProgramData” (in Windows Vista, 7 or 8)
– “C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data” OR “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data” (in Windows XP)
“ C:\Program Files”
Malicious startup entries (example):
"Yes | HKCU:RunOnce | c | C:\ProgramData\RandomFileName.exe"
"Yes | HKCU:RunOnce | c | C:\ProgramData\RandomFolderName\RandomFileName.exe"
"Yes | HKCU:RunOnce | c | C:\Program Files\Attentive Antivirus virus\RandomFileName.exe”
Tip: Before deleting the malicious Startup entries, open Windows Explorer to find and delete manually the malicious folders and files from your computer. (e.g. RandomFolderName, RandomFileName.exe).
5. Close “CCleaner” and proceed to next step.
Step 3. Clean your computer from remaining malicious threats.
Download and install one of the most reliable FREE anti malware programs today to clean your computer from remaining malicious threats. If you want to stay constantly protected from malware threats, existing and future ones, we recommend that you install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO:
1. Run "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" and allow the program to update to it's latest version and malicious database if needed.
2. When the "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" main window appears on your screen, choose the "Perform quick scan" option and then press "Scan" button and let the program scan your system for threats.
3. When the scanning is completed, press “OK” to close the information message and then press the "Show results" button to view and remove the malicious threats found.
4. At the "Show Results" window check – using your mouse's left button- all the infected objects and then choose the "Remove Selected" option and let the program remove the selected threats.
5. When the removal of infected objects process is complete, "Restart your system to remove all active threats properly"
6. Continue to the next step.
Advice: To ensure your computer is clean and safe, perform a Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware full scan in windows “Safe mode“.*
*To get into Windows Safe mode, press the “F8” key as your computer is booting up, before the appearance of the Windows logo. When the “Windows Advanced Options Menu” appears on your screen, use your keyboard arrows keys to move to the Safe Mode option and then press “ENTER“.