When you login to your Facebook account from your Android device, using Facebook App, you automatically appear online in Facebook Chat. However, if you want to avoid that, then you can disable this feature from your Android Phone.
How to turn off Facebook chat on Android devices.
Step 1. Disable Chat Availability from Android phone.
In order to disable Facebook Chat Availability, login to your Facebook Account from your Android device.
After Login, use one of the following options to disable Facebook Chat:
Option 1: Disable Facebook Chat from Facebook settings menu.
2. Scroll down and tap “App Settings”.
3. In GENERAL SETTINGS, tap to clear (uncheck) the Facebook chat On checkbox.
Option 2: Disable Facebook Chat from Facebook app user’s menu.
2. Tap the gear icon.
3. Tap to uncheck “Facebook chat” “On” checkbox.
Option 3: Disable Facebook Chat from the device’s Settings menu button.
1. Tap the Settings menu button on your Android device.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap to clear (uncheck) the Facebook chat On checkbox.
You ‘re done.