Last updated on December 3rd, 2019
This tutorial contains step by step instructions to fix the following issue: Right click not working in Windows 10. When the mouse right clicking doesn't work, the Windows explorer crashes or the user cannot see the right click menu (aka "context menu") to perform several actions (e.g. to create a new folder or file, to open the personalization settings, etc.).
The "right click not working" issue in Windows 10 can appear for several reasons. So, in this guide you 'll find several methods to troubleshoot the problem.
How to FIX: Right Click Menu Not Working in Windows 10.
Method 1. Turn off the Table Mode.
2. Choose Tablet Mode on the left.
3. Under "When I Sign In" select Use desktop mode.
4. Under "When this device automatically switches tablet mode on or off", select Don's ask me and don't switch.
5. Restart your computer.
Method 2. Remove Intel & NVIDIA Control Panel from Right Click Context Menu.
The "right click not working" issue commonly faced on Windows 10 PC's with an Intel or NVIDIA display adapters. At this case, proceed and remove from the right-click menu the NVIDIA or the Intel Control panel options. To do that:
3. At the left pane, navigate and expand this key:
4. Then choose one by one the following keys and press the Delete button to remove them.
5. Close Registry Editor and restart your PC.
Method 3. FIX Windows corruption errors with DISM & SFC tools.
1. Open command prompt as administrator. To do that:
1. In the Search box type: cmd or command prompt
2. Right click on the command prompt (result) and select Run as Administrator.
2. At the command prompt window, type the following command & press Enter:
- Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth
3. Be patient until DISM repairs component store. When the operation is completed, (you should be informed that the component store corruption was repaired), give this command and press Enter:
- SFC /SCANNOW
4. When SFC scan is completed, restart your computer.
5. Check if the right-click menu is working now.
Method 4. Repair Windows 10 with an in-place Upgrade.
Another method that usually can fix many problems in Windows 10, is to repair Windows with an in-place upgrade. For that task follow the detailed instructions at this article: How to repair Windows 10 with an in-place upgrade.
That's it! Which method worked for you?
Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.