One of the simplest and most effective Windows security measures is to set a password for your account and to lock the screen when you are away from your computer. By Default, Windows 11 displays the lock screen whenever the computer is idle or when you restart it.
Since the lock screen has been an integral part of Windows for years, it has become so commonplace that we almost forget to add a personal touch by changing its background.
In this tutorial we will show you the steps to change the background of the lock screen on Windows 11.
Quick steps to change the Lock Screen background picture in Windows 11
- Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock Screen
- Click on Windows Spotlight and from the drop-down menu choose Picture.
- Select your custom photo and you're done.
How to Change the Background in the Lock Screen of Windows 11.
1. Press the Windows + I keys together to open Windows Settings.
2. Choose Personalization from the left panel and click on Lock Screen in the right side of the window.
2. At Personalize your lock screen click the drop-down menu next to Windows Spotlight to view all the available options:
- Windows Spotlight: (Default option). By leaving this option selected, Windows will automatically set a random image as the lock screen background.
- Picture: If you want to set a specific photo or image as a background on Windows 11 lock screen, then select this option and then choose an image from Microsoft, or click Browse photos to pick a photo from your personal collection.
- Slideshow: If you use this option, you can select a specific folder (or folders), that contains your photos, and Windows will display them as the background on the lock screen, switching them periodically.
Other lock screen adjustments you can make in Windows 11:
Once done with the lock screen background, you can also customize what other information will be displayed by other Windows apps on lock screen. For example:
1. To Get fun fact, tips and more on your Lock screen (from the Web), leave this option checked.
2. If you want to display the lock screen background in the sign-in window too, turn the toggle on for Show the lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen.
3. Click on Lock screen status drop-down menu, to choose one of the following options:
None: Select it, if you don't want Windows 11 to display any information from other apps.
Weather: Select it, if you want to see on the Windows 11 lock screen the weather status.
Mail: Choose it, if you want to see on the lock screen notifications from the Windows Mail app.
Calendar: By choosing this, you'll get notifications from the Windows Calendar app (such as your tasks, birthdays, etc.)
That's it! Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.