Last updated on June 4th, 2014
Windows 8 desktop interface doesn't include the traditional “Start menu” button anymore. Because of that, you cannot easily find all the installed programs on your computer. This tutorial contains step by step instructions on how to add a new programs toolbar in your Windows 8 taskbar (desktop interface) in order to easily find all the installed programs on your computer, without using any third party software like Classic Shell.
How to add the ‘Programs’ menu toolbar in Windows 8 taskbar.
Step 1: Enable “Hidden Files” view.
First of all, enable the “Hidden files” view. To do that:
1. Navigate to Windows Control Panel and open “Folder options”.
2. In the “View” tab, enable the "Show hidden files folders and drives" option and choose “OK”.
Step 2: Display the “Programs” menu toolbar in Windows 8 Taskbar.
To add a new “All Programs” menu toolbar on your Taskbar:
1. Go to your Desktop and press the “Right-click” key on your mouse over an empty space on your Taskbar.
2. From the menu that appears, choose “Toolbars” > “New toolbar”.
3. Navigate to the following path: “C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu” and select the “Programs” folder.
From now on, you should have the “Start Menu” displayed on your taskbar, while using the Windows 8 desktop Interface.