By default, In Windows Server Editions, the Telnet command, "is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file". This is happening, because the Telnet client, is disabled by default in n Windows Server 2012/2016 or 2019.
In this article you will find several methods to enable the Telnet client on a Windows Server 2019, 2016 or 2012.
How to Install Telnet Client in Server 2019, Server 2016 or Server 2012.
Method 1. How Install Telnet Client Feature from PowerShell in Server 2012, 2016 or 2019.
1. Open Windows PowerShell.
2. In PowerShell, give the following command to enable the Telnet client:
- Install-WindowsFeature -name Telnet-Client
3. When the installation is completed, you 're ready to use Telnet. *
* Note: If you want to disable the Telnet client, give this command in PowerShell:
- Remove-WindowsFeature -name Telnet-Client
Method 2. How to Install Telnet Client from Command Prompt in Server 2012,2016, 2019, using DISM.
1. Open Command Prompt (or PowerShell)
2. Then, give the following DISM command and press Enter to install the Telnet client.
- dism /online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:TelnetClient
Method 3. How to Install Telnet client Feature from the Server Manager.
1. To install the Telnet client feature on Windows Server 2016, 2019 r 2012, open 'Server Manager' and click on Add Roles and Features.
2. At the first screen of 'Add Roles and Features wizard', leave the Role-based or feature-based installation option and click Next.
3. At the next screen, leave the default option "Select server from the server pool" and click Next.
4. At Server Roles options, click Next.
5. At Features options, check the Telnet client and click Next.
6. Finally click Install at the confirmation screen
7. When the installation is completed. click Close.
That’s it! Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.
- How to Backup Synology NAS to External USB Drive. - December 11, 2023
- How to Send Automatic Replies in Outlook with an Office365/Exchange Account. - December 6, 2023
- How to Send Automatic Replies in Outlook with POP3/IMAP Accounts. - December 4, 2023