Last updated on June 16th, 2020
Today, Instagram is one of the biggest photo and video-sharing social networking services owned by Facebook, Inc. But, if you have decided to take a break from your virtual life, follow the instructions below to learn how to temporarily disable your Instagram account. *
* Note: Keep in mind, that after disabling your Instagram account, all your photos comments and likes will be hidden, until you reactivate your account.
- Related Article: How to permanently delete your Instagram account.
How to Temporarily Disable your Instagram Account.
If you've finally decided to temporarily disable your Instagram account, then it's easier and better to do this, from your computer's browser, instead of the Instagram App on your Android smartphone.
1. From your favorite web browser on your PC, login to your Instagram account.
2. On the Getting Started page, click on the Profile Icon on the top right corner of the page.
3. Click on Edit Profile beside your username.
4.At the 'Edit Profile' page, go down and click Temporarily disable my account.
5. On 'Temporarily Disable your Account' page, click the drop-down arrow and select a reason for disabling your Instagram account.
6. Finally, enter your Instagram login password, and then click Temporarily Disable Account. *
1. This action will only hide your profile data (photos, posts and comments) from others. Instagram will retain all of your profile data unless you delete your account (see part-2 below).
2. If you want to reactivate your Instagram account, simply login with your username and password, and you will be able to continue from where you had left off.
Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.