This tutorial contains instructions on how to fix the "spoolsv.exe" printing error and other printing problems in Windows in three (3) simple steps. Sometimes when you try to print in Windows, you may experience one of the following printing problems:
- After clicking the "Print" button to print a document, nothing happens (Printer not print)
- The print queue displays the print job(s), but nothing is printed.
- The printer does not print from any program.
- Printers are missing in "Devices & Printers" options in Control Panel.
- You receive the "spoolsv.exe" printing error, when you try to print:
"Spoolsv.exe – Application Error. The instruction at "0x77fcc2c0" referenced memory at "0x00000000. The memory could not be written."
Usually the most printing problems are caused when the 'Print Spooler' service (spoolsv.exe), is not working properly due to corrupted print jobs. In these cases, the most effective solution to solve the printing problem is to remove all print jobs from the printer queue by following the steps below.
How to QUICK FIX Most Common Printing Problems in 3 Easy Steps. *
* Note: The instructions below, applies to all Windows Operating Systems (Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista & Windows XP).
Step 1. Stop Print Spooler Service.
3. At the right pane, right click on Print Spooler service and click Stop.
4. Don't close the 'Services' window and continue to next step.
Step 2. Delete Printer Queue Jobs.
Now proceed and clear the print queue by deleting the printer jobs:
3. Press CTRL + A to select all SHD & SPL files and the press the Delete button to delete all of them.
4. Close the Explorer window and proceed to the last step to start the Print Spooler service.
Step 3. Start Print Spooler service.
1. In Services window, right-click at Print Spooler service and click Start.
2. Close the Services window and try to print. Normally, printing will now be done without any problems. *
* Note: If you still cannot print, proceed and re-install the printer drivers on your PC.
That's it! Which method worked for you?
Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.