In this guide, we'll show you all the available ways to open Control Panel in Windows 11. Windows 11 differs from previous versions of Windows not only in features, but also in design. So, and Control Panel has been integrated with Settings in the new Windows operating system, but fortunately, you can still launch the classic Control Panel using various ways, which are listed below.
Like Windows 10, Windows 11's Control Panel can be a little difficult to find. Following is a list of all the different ways to access the Control Panel in Windows 11. (Most of these ways also work on Windows 10)
How to Open Control Panel in Windows 11 or Windows 10 OS.
Method 1. Open Control Panel from Search.
1. Press the Windows + S keys simultaneously on your keyboard to launch the search area of the taskbar.
2. Type Control Panel in the search field and click on Open as shown below.
TIP No1: Right-click on Control Panel in results and select Pin to Taskbar or Pin to Start, to make your life easier.
TIP No2: When the Control Panel opens, change the View by: to Small icons to view all Control Panel items.
Method 2. Open Control Panel from "Run" dialogue box
- Press the Windows + R keys to load the
Run command box.
- Type control and press Enter to open Control Panel. *
Note: Alternatively, you can also type shell:ControlPanelFolder and hit Enter.
Method 3. Open Control Panel from Windows Settings.
- Press Windows + I keys simultaneously to launch Settings.
- In the newly launched window, type control panel in the search area and from the appearing search results, click on Control Panel. *
Method 4. Open Control Panel from Windows Tools App.
1. Click on the Search icon and type Windows Tools in the search bar. Then hit Open to launch the application.
2. Now hit Control Panel in the Windows Tools window.
Method 5. Open Control Panel from Command Prompt.
1. Click the Search icon and type CMD or Command Prompt. Then click Open. *
* Note: To open Command Prompt with administrative privileges, click Run as administrator.
2. In the Command Prompt window, type control or control panel and press Enter.
Method 6. Open Control Panel from File Explorer.
1. Click on the File Explorer icon on your taskbar.
2. Now open Control Panel by using one of the following ways:
a. Click the arrow at the left of Quick Access and select Control Panel.
b. On the Address on the top, type control panel and press Enter.
c. On the Address on the top, copy & paste the following and press Enter.
- %username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\System Tools
3. Now click on Control Panel to open it.
Method 7. Open Control Panel from Task Manager.
1. Right-click on the Start menu and select Task Manager, or press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC
2. In the Task Manager window, click on File and select Run new task. (if you don't see the the File menu, click More Details in the window that opens)
3. In the 'Create new task' window, type control or control panel in the box and click OK (or press Enter)
Method 8. Open Control Panel using a Shortcut on Desktop
If you want to make your life easier, then proceed and show a shortcut of Control Panel on your desktop. To do that:
1. Right-click on an empty space on your desktop and select Personalize.
2. At Personalization options, click Themes.
3. Scroll down and open the Desktop icon settings.
4. Check the Control Panel and click OK, to place a Control Panel icon on your desktop
That’s it! Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.