How to replace HDD and RAM in Asus EeePC notebook.
This is a tutorial on how to replace a faulty 2.5 inches hard disk drive or the RAM memory on an Asus EeePC series notebook. The whole process is very easy and requires very little technical experience.
(Watch this tutorial in YouTube.)
Step 1: Turn your laptop upside down.
Step 2 : Remove the Battery
1. Slide and hold the battery release latch to its release position.
2. Lift the outer edge of the battery and remove it from the battery bay.
Step 3. Remove the memory.
1. Loosen the screw from the memory cover and remove it.
5. Slide out the RAM latches and remove the memory chip.
Step 4. Remove the rest of the screws that secure the upper cover.
1. Find and loosen the five (5) screws of the bottom cover.
Step 5. Turn your laptop in its normal position and lift up laptop's monitor.
Step 6. Gently unlock and lift up the keyboard from the four (4) points in the upper edge using a flatbed screwdriver.
Step 7. Remove the keyboard.
Unlock the keyboard cable from the mainboard and remove the keyboard.
Step 8. Remove the upper cover.
1. Loosen the six (6) screws that secure the upper cover.
2. Gently lift up the upper cover. Unsecure and remove the touchpad cable from the mainboard.
Step 9. Remove the hard drive.
1. Unsecure the ribbon Cable above the hard drive from the mainboard.
2. Loosen the one (1) screw that secures the hard drive on its bay.
3. Pull out the hard drive from its bay.
4. Use your screw driver and loosen the four (4) screws that secure the drive in its case.
5 Replace your hard drive.
Step 10. Follow the above steps in reverse sequence to complete your replacement.
We're looking for part-time or full-time technical writers to join our team! It's about a remote position that qualified tech writers from anywhere in the world can apply. Click here for more details.