If you want to connect your PC to the internet via your phone, keep reading below to learn all the available ways to do so. In this guide, we'll show you how to connect to the internet using your phone's mobile data so you can surf the web, use your favorite apps and listen to music on the go.
When wireless networks are not available, or if you cannot connect your laptop to a wireless network, the solution is to use the backup Internet connection on your "pocket". Yes, that is correct, you can use your phone's mobile data to connect your computer, laptop, tablet, or another phone to the Internet.
The technology of sharing the mobile phone's Internet connection with other devices is called "Tethering" or "Hotspot" and almost all Mobile phones support it today. The "Tethering" (the connection to other devices), can be done over a USB cable, over Wireless, or over Bluetooth, and is useful when you don't have an Internet connection over Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
If you want share Internet from your phone to other devices, follow the instructions on this guide with the detailed steps to do so.
How to Share Internet from Mobile to Computer, Laptop, Tablet, etc..
Method 1. How to Connect Mobile Internet to any Wi-Fi Device
If you own a laptop, or a desktop with a Wireless network card, or another wireless device (e.g. Tablet, another phone, etc.), then you can connect it to Mobile Internet by using Wireless Tethering, which is the most popular method.
Below you will find how to connect your Windows 10 PC to the mobile data Internet on your Android or iPhone. There are two stages in this method. The first stage is to activate the Wireless Hotspot on your phone and the second is to connect your PC with it.
Step 1. Activate Wi-Fi Hotspot on Mobile Phone.
To enable Portable Hotspot on your Android phone:
2. Go to Settings and open Mobile Hotspot & tethering (or "Portable hotspot"). *
* Note: The "Hotspot" settings on some phones can be found at "Connections" or at "Internet & Network" options.)
3. Turn the toggle on the next screen to activate the Portable hotspot and then click Set up portable hotspot.
3c. On this page, specify the Hotspot name (a) and the Hotspot password.
1. If you have setup the hotspot before and you don't remember the password just tap on "eye" icon to reveal it.
2. Optionally on this page, you can specify the security type & the AP band, but I suggest to leave the default settings.
4. Once done, save your settings and continue to step-2 to connect your PC to Mobile's Hotspot.
To enable Personal Hotspot on your iPhone:
1. Navigate to iPhone Settings and tap Personal Hotspot.
2. Turn the toggle ON next to Personal Hotspot in the next window. *
* Note: If you want to view or change the Hotspot password, tap the password box below the slider and click Done.
3. Once you have enabled the hotspot on iPhone, you can connect to Internet on your Windows 10 PC by following the instructions on next step.
Step 2. Connect Windows 10 to Mobile Hotspot.
1. Click on Wi-Fi icon on you taskbar and locate the Mobile Hotspot. *
2. Select your phone's network (Hotspot name) and click Connect.
3. Enter the password for the Mobile Hotspot you specified (or viewed), on step-1 above and click Next.
4. Upon connected, you 're ready to access Internet on your PC through your mobile.
Method 2. How to connect your Computer to Mobile Data Internet on your Phone using a USB cable.
The second method of connecting your computer to the Internet via your phone's mobile data is by using a USB cable. (USB Tethering).
Using this method, all you need to do is connect your mobile phone to your computer using a USB cable and then enable the USB Tethering on your mobile device. Let's look in detail at the process:
3. Go to phone Settings and open Mobile Hotspot & Tethering (or "Portable hotspot"). *
* Note: The "Tethering" settings on some phones can be found at "Connections", or at "Internet & Network", or at "USB & Tethering" options.)
4. Tap the USB tethering slider to turn it ON. *
Note: If your screen displays a warning stating that continuing will interfere with any data transfer between your phone and PC, tap OK to proceed.
5. That's it! From now on you will have access to Mobile Internet from your computer.
Method 3. How to Connect your PC to the Internet via your Android Phone using Bluetooth.
The ultimate method of accessing mobile Internet data from your computer is by using Bluetooth if of course your phone and computer have Bluetooth.
Step 1. Activate Bluetooth Tethering on your Android Phone.
2. Activate Bluetooth on your phone by using one of the following ways:
a . Press the Bluetooth icon in quick settings, or…
b. Navigate to Settings -> Connections –> Bluetooth and. drag the Bluetooth slider to ON.
3. Then, go phone's Settings > Mobile Hotspot & tethering and enable the Bluetooth tethering.
Step 2. Pair your Windows 10 PC with your Phone,
2. In the next window:
a. Click on Bluetooth & other devices and turn the toggle against Bluetooth to ON.
b. Click Add Bluetooth or other device
3. Select Bluetooth.
4. Now click on your phone from the list of available devices.
5. When prompted tap Pair on your phone and click Connect on your PC.
6. Once both the devices are paired, click Done.
Step 3. Connect your Windows 10 PC to Phone Internet via Bluetooth.
1. Right-click on the Bluetooth icon on the taskbar and select Join a Personal Area Network. *
* Note: If you cannot find the Bluetooth icon on the taskbar, go to Control Panel > Devices & Printers and continue reading below.
2. In the next window, locate and right-click on your phone’s icon. Choose Connect using > Access point option.
3. Upon connected, you 'll be able to access Internet through Bluetooth on Mobile.
That's it! Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.