If you are looking for easy ways to use your Android phone or iPhone as a webcam in Windows 10, keep reading below, because in this guide you will find instructions on how to do this.
Webcams are expensive to buy, and are not easily available these days. For those who regularly communicate with colleagues via videoconferencing software, this can be a huge inconvenience. However, the good news is that you can use your Android or iPhone as a webcam on Windows 10.
Since you know now that you have the solution right inside your pocket, all that is left is to connect your phone to your computer and begin using it as a webcam. So, let’s get started on the steps you need to follow to accomplish this!
How to Turn your Phone into a Webcam on Windows 10.
How to Use Android Phone's Camera as Webcam on Windows 10.
1. On your Android device: open Google Play Store and search and install DroidCam app.
2. On you Windows 10 PC: Download the DroidCam Windows Client.
3. Double click at "DroidCam.Setup" application. hit Next and follow the rest instructions to install DroidCam CLient.
* Note: If you get a ‘Windows Security’ window, click the Install button to continue the installation.
4. Once the "DroidCam CLient" software is installed on your computer, open it.
5. Select the connection type (WiFi or USB)* with your Android phone (by selecting the corresponding icon), and check both the Video and Audio checkboxes. *
* Note: Since using Android camera as a webcam via WiFi is more convenient, we demonstrate the WiFi connection in this guide.
6. Now open the DroidCam app on your Andorid phone, and click on the File icon on the top-right corner.
a. Select if you want to use the front or the back-facing camera . *
b. Note the WiFi IP address and the DroidCam Port (e.g. "4747").
Note: If you are using an older version of the DroidCam app on your Android, click on the More button (three dots) on the top-right corner of the screen and select Camera from the list of options available. Then choose the preferable camera.
7. Now go back to your PC, and in DroidCam CLient, and…
a. At Device IP field: type the Android's WiFi IP address as it appears on DroidCam app on your Android phone. (e.g. "192.168.10.7"), and…
b. …then type the DroidCam Port number (e.g. "4747").
8. Finally click the Start button to begin using your Android as a webcam. *
* Note: If you have trouble using DroidCam, make sure that both your devices are connected to the same WiFi network.
9. To get DroidCam to work with your video conferencing program on your PC, proceed and select the DroidCam as the default source device for video & audio, in program's settings.*
* For example: If you 're using Zoom to communicate with others, open the Zoom Settings and select the Video options. Then select the "DroidCam Source 2" or "DroidCam Source 3" as your default camera. Similarly, go to the Audio settings and select "DroidCam Virtual Audio" to make your Android device’s microphone the default input.
10. You are now ready to use your Android device as a webcam on Windows 10.
How to Use iPhone as Webcam on Windows 10. *
If you want to use your iPhone as a webcam with DroidCam in your Windows PC, install DroidCam for iOS on your phone and refer to the steps mentioned above to proceed.
To use your iPhone's camera as a webcam using EpoCam on your Windows 10 PC:
1. Install EpocCam Camera on your iPhone.
2a. EpocCam requires a specific set of drivers to run on Windows 10 or macOS. So, navigate to Elgato’s downloads site and select EPOCCAM and Windows as your OS.
2b. Hit the download button to download EpocCam software.
3. Once EpocCam is downloaded, click on the downloaded file and follow the setup wizard's installation instructions to install it.
4. When done, open EpocCam app on your iPhone and allow EpocCam to access your iPhone's camera.
5. Now, open the EpocCam Camera on your iPhone and let it to connect to your PC. When this done, you'll see the notification below. *
* Note: To establish the connection, the iPhone and your Computer must be on the same network.
7. When the connection is established open your Video Conferencing program and in Video & Audio settings, choose EpocCam as your default camera.
That's it! Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.