Windows 8 (or 8.1) SmartScreen is a Windows feature that helps you stay protected from malicious sites and software that can harm your PC. SmartScreen checks the web content you access or the software you try to to install on your computer and if it finds it unsafe, then it warns you by displaying a warning message and disables the access to that content or software. At the same time, SmartScreen sends information about the content you access and its publisher to Microsoft’s SmartScreen online services in order to mark its origin as suspicious.
This tutorial contains instructions on how to disable SmartScreen in Windows 8 & Windows 8. OS.
How to Disable SmartScreen in Windows 8 and 8.1
2. Type “control panel” and press Enter.
3. Click ‘System and Security’.
4. Click ‘Action Center’.
5. Click to expand ‘Security’ settings.
6. Choose ‘Change settings’ under Windows SmartScreen.
7. Select the ‘Don’t do anything (turn off Windows SmartScreen)’ option & choose ‘OK’.
You ‘re done. In order to re-enable Windows SmartScreen feature simply follow the same procedure but this time select the first option. (Get administrator approval before running an unrecognized application…) & click OK.