Last updated on March 28th, 2017
A few days ago, one of our customers brought his Lenovo laptop to our computer service, in order to change the damaged hard disk and then to install Windows 10. After replacing the disk and performing a clean installation of Windows 10, I realized that the Lenovo Easy Camera didn't work on Skype, but it worked perfectly in the Camera app that Windows 10 includes.
After applying many solutions found on the web without success, I finally found a way to make the Lenovo Easy Camera work with Skype.
How to FIX: Lenovo Camera Doesn't Work on Skype.
Important: Before continuing to apply the methods below make sure that your camera is activated: to do that press the F8 key once (or Fn + F8) to activate the camera. Then open Skype and see if your camera is recognized.
Method 1. Change Lenovo Easy Camera Driver.
The first method, which finally worked for me, was to replace the "Lenovo Easy Camera" driver with the "USB Video Device" driver. To do that:
1. Open Device Management. To do that:
2. Right click at Lenovo Easy Camera and choose Update Driver Software.
3. Select "Browse my computer for driver software".
4. Then select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
5. Select the USB Video Device from the list and then press Next.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
7. Close Device Manager.
Method 2. Uninstall Lenovo Easy Camera Software.
1. Open Programs and features in control panel. To do that:
2. From the program list, select the Lenovo Easy Camera software and click Uninstall.
3. Restart your computer.
4. Navigate to Lenovo PC Support and type your Lenovo Serial Number.
5. Find and download the latest Lenovo Easy Camera driver.
6. Install the Lenovo Easy Camera driver.
7. Restart your computer.
Method 3. Allow Skype Preview to Access your Camera (Windows 10).
If you 're using the Skype Preview app, then make sure that apps are allowed to access your camera, from Privacy Settings. To do that:
1. From Start menu click the Settings icon.
2. Choose Privacy.
3. In privacy settings, choose Camera on the left pane and turn on the Let apps use my camera & Skype preview switch.
4. Open Skype and see if your camera is recognized.