Facebook Update (FBUpdate38.exe) and Acrobat (AcrobatXXX.exe – random number) are fake programs identified as malicious viruses because they execute malicious code inside your computer, perform browser redirects and collect sensitive information about user activity .
The Facebook Update (FBUpdate38.exe) and Acrobat (AcobatXXX.exe) Trojan files hide themselves from detection and removal from your antivirus programs and they are hidden inside the following location:
Windows 8, 7, Vista:
C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\AcobatXXX.exe (XXX=random number)
C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\FBUpdate38.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\AcobatXXX.exe (XXX=random number)
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\FBUpdate38.exe
To remove the FBUpdate38.exe and Acrobat307.exe Trojan agents from your computer follow the steps bellow:
How to remove FBUpdate38.exe and Acrobat307.exe Trojan agents – virus.
Step 1. Start the infected computer in “Safe Mode with Networking”
1. Start up your infected computer and, as the computer is booting up, press the “F8” key before the Windows logo appears.
2. Using your keyboard arrows, select the “Safe Mode with Networking” option and press “Enter”.
Step 2. Download RogueKiller
1. Download and save "RogueKiller" utility on your computer'* (e.g. your Desktop)
Notice*: Download version x86 or X64 according to your operating system's version. To find your operating system's version, "Right Click" on your computer icon, choose "Properties" and look at "System Type" section
Step 3. Clean you computer with RogueKiller
1. Double Click to run RogueKiller.
2. Let the prescan to complete and then press on "Scan" button to perform a full scan.
3. When the full scan is completed, press the "Delete" button to remove all malicious items found.
4. After RogueKiller removal process, continue to the next step.
Step 4. Clean your computer from remaining malicious threats.
Download and install one of the most reliable FREE anti malware programs today to clean your computer from remaining malicious threats. If you want to stay constantly protected from malware threats, existing and future ones, we recommend that you install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO:
1. Run "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" and allow the program to update to it's latest version and malicious database if needed.
2. When the "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" main window appears on your screen, choose the "Perform full scan" option and then press "Scan" button and let the program scan your system for threats.
3. When the scanning is completed, press “OK” to close the information message and then press the "Show results" button to view and remove the malicious threats found.
4. At the "Show Results" window check – using your mouse's left button- all the infected objects and then choose the "Remove Selected" option and let the program remove the selected threats.
5. When the removal of infected objects process is complete, "Restart your system to remove all active threats properly"
6. Continue to the next step.
Step 5. Clean unwanted files and entries.
Use “CCleaner” program and proceed to clean your system from temporary internet files and invalid registry entries.*
*If you don’t how to install and use “CCleaner”, read these instructions.