Last updated on May 2nd, 2014
The following error may happen if a user tries to uninstall a program from his computer: “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall XXX program. Please contact your system administrator”. The above error probably happens because the program’s installation was corrupted before its successful completion or after a virus attack that infected the computer.
If you face the “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall” problem when you try to uninstall a program from your computer, then follow the steps below to resolve it:
How to solve the “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall” a program problem.
Step 1: Download the “Geek Uninstaller” utility.
1. Open your browser at “http://www.geekuninstaller.com/download” webpage.
2. Click at the “Download Free” link.
3. “Save” the “geek.zip” file to your computer.
4. When the download is completed, navigate to your download folder and extract the “geek.zip” file.
Step 2: Use “Geek Uninstaller” utility to uninstall program.
1. Navigate to the location where you extracted the “geek.zip” file in the previous step and double-click to run “geek” application.
2. At the “Geek Uninstaller” utility, right-click on the program that you want to remove from your computer (e.g. “μTorrent” on this example) and from the drop down menu, choose “Uninstall”.
3. If a “Uninstallation process failed” error appears on your screen, then press the “Yes” button to let the “Geek Uninstaller” utility to clean the selected program’s registry entries and files from your computer.
4. Press “Yes” again to perform a force removal of the selected program.
5. At the next screen review the registry entries to be removed and press “Finish” to remove them.
6. Finally close all “Geek Uninstaller” open windows and you are done!