Gol Search ”searchgol.com” is a browser hijacker search engine, commonly bundled inside other free software installation programs. When “Gol Search” is installed on your computer, it modifies your Internet search settings to “searchgol” search settings and it changes your Internet home page to “Search Gol” homepage “searchgol.com” which performs browsing redirects and displays advertisements from unknown vendors.
"searchgol.com” can be installed on common Internet browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox) if a user doesn’t pay attention when installing free software (commonly).
To remove “Gol Search” redirect virus settings, follow the steps below:
How to uninstall Search-Gol from your computer:
Step 1. Uninstall applications belonging to the "SearchGol” publisher from your Control panel.
1. To do this, go to:
- Windows 8/7/Vista: Start > Control Panel.
- Windows XP: Start > Settings > Control Panel
2. Double click to open
- Add or Remove Programs if you have Windows XP
- Programs and Features if you have Windows 8, 7 or Vista.
3. In the program list, find and Remove/Uninstall the following apps if exist:
- Search Gol
- Search Gol Toolbar
- Delta Toolbar
- Delta Chrome Toolbar
- BitGuard *
- Uninstall/Remove any other unwanted or unknown application.
Important: If you find “BitGuard” installed on your computer, please read this guide on how to completely remove it.
Step 2. Manually remove “searchgol.com” search settings from your Internet browser.
How to remove “searchgol” search settings from Internet Explorer.
1. From Internet Explorer main menu, click: "Tools " and choose "Internet Options".
2. At “General” tab, delete the unwanted homepage “www.searchgol.com” from “Home page” box & type your preferred Home Page (e.g. www.google.com)
3. At “Search” section press “Settings” in Search section. *
Notice*: If you want to modify search settings in Internet explorer while in main Internet Explorer window, just press the “Gear” icon (on the top right corner) and choose “Manage Add-ons” .
4. On "Search Providers" options, choose and "Set as default" a search provider other than the unwanted search provider “Search-Gol”.
5. Then choose the unwanted search provider “Search-Gol” and click Remove.
6. Choose “Toolbars and Extensions” on the left pane and then select any unwanted toolbar or extension (belonging to “SearchGol”) from here and click "Disable"
a. SearchGol Toolbar
7. Close all Internet Explorer windows and restart your browser.
8. Proceed to Step 3.
How to remove “searchgol” search settings from Google Chrome.
2. On “Startup” section choose “Set Pages“.
3. Delete the unwanted webpage “www.searchgol.com" from startup pages by pressing the "X" symbol on the right.
4. Set your preferred startup page (e.g. http://www.google.com) and press "OK".
5. Under “Appearance” section, check to enable the “Show Home button” option and choose “Change”.
6. Delete the unwanted webpage “www.searchgol.com” entry from “Open this page” box.
7. Type (if you like) you preferred webpage to open when you press your “Home page” button (e.g. www.google.com) or leave this field blank and press “OK”.
5. Go to "Search" section and choose "Manage search engines".
6. Choose your preferred default search engine (e.g. Google search) and press "Make default".
7. Then choose the unwanted search engine (www.searchgol.com) search engine and remove it by pressing the "X" symbol at the right.
Choose "Done" to close "Search engines" window.
8. Choose "Extensions" on the left.
9. Remove any unwanted extension (e.g. “searchgol”) from here by pressing the “recycle icon” to the right.
10. Close all Google Chrome windows and restart your browser.
11. Proceed to Step 3.
How to remove“searchgol” search settings from Mozilla Firefox.
1. Click on “Firefox” menu button on the top left of Firefox window and go to “Options”.
2. In “General” tab delete the unwanted homepage: “www.searchgol.com” page from “Home Page” box & type your preferred homepage (e.g. http://www.google.com).
Press “OK” when finish.
3. From Firefox menu, go to “Tools” > “Manage Add-ons”.
4. Choose “Extensions” on the left and then remove any unwanted extension (e.g. “searchgol”) exists there, by pressing the "Remove" button.
5. Close Firefox Options.
6. On Firefox URL box type the following command: about:config & press Enter.
7. Click at “I’ll be careful, I promise” button.
8. In the search box type: searchgol & press Enter.
9. Now right-click on each “searchgol.com” value found & select “Reset”.
10. Close all Firefox windows and restart your browser.
11. Proceed to the next Step.
Step 3: Clean remaining registry entries using “AdwCleaner”.
1. Download and save “AdwCleaner” utility to your desktop.
2. Close all open programs and Double Click to open ”AdwCleaner” from your desktop.
3. Press “Scan”.
4. When the scan is completed, press “Clean” to remove all the unwanted malicious entries.
4. Press “OK” at “AdwCleaner – Information” and press “OK” again to restart your computer.
5. When your computer restarts, close "AdwCleaner" information (readme) window and continue to the next step.
Step 4. Clean your computer from remaining malicious threats.
Download and install one of the most reliable FREE anti malware programs today to clean your computer from remaining malicious threats. If you want to stay constantly protected from malware threats, existing and future ones, we recommend that you install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO:
1. Run "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" and allow the program to update to it's latest version and malicious database if needed.
2. When the "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" main window appears on your screen, choose the "Perform quick scan" option and then press "Scan" button and let the program scan your system for threats.
3. When the scanning is completed, press “OK” to close the information message and then press the "Show results" button to view and remove the malicious threats found.
4. At the "Show Results" window check - using your mouse's left button- all the infected objects and then choose the "Remove Selected" option and let the program remove the selected threats.
5. When the removal of infected objects process is complete, "Restart your system to remove all active threats properly"
6. Continue to the next step.
Step 5. Clean unwanted files and entries.
Use “CCleaner” program and proceed to clean your system from temporary internet files and invalid registry entries.*
*If you don’t know how to install and use “CCleaner”, read these instructions.