(Windows 7 OS) If your computer automatically updated to Internet Explorer 11 and you are facing problems like system crashing, slow internet or internet connection problems, you can try the following guide to uninstall Internet Explorer 11 and go back to Internet Explorer 9.
How to Uninstall Internet Explorer 11 & Downgrade to an older version of IE.
Step 1. Uninstall Internet Explorer 11 from your Control panel:
1. Go to Start > Control Panel.
2. Double click to open “Programs and Features”.
3. In the “Programs and Features” window, click on “View installed updates” on left pane.
4. At the “Search box” (on the top-right) type “Internet Explorer 11”.
5. Now select the “Internet Explorer 11” and click “Uninstall”.
5. When uninstallation is completed restart your computer for changes to take effect and revert back to IE9.
- If your computer doesn't revert to IE 10 automatically, then you can download and install Internet Explorer 10 manually from here.
- If your computer doesn't revert to IE 9 automatically, then you can download and install Internet Explorer 9 manually from here.
- To prevent Internet Explorer 11 from being installed in the future, download and install the Internet Explorer 11 Blocker Toolkit. (Read the install instructions on the link on how to do that).