How to Add Another Language in Windows 10 or 8, 8.1
In Windows 8 & Windows 10, Microsoft separates the language settings and regional settings into two different groups in the control panel. The new language preferences offer more languages support than even before and the ability for all users to change their display language.
This is a tutorial shows how you can add or remove input languages in Windows 10 or Windows 8 OS.
How to Add Another Language in Windows 10 & Windows 8, 8.1.
(Watch this tutorial in YouTube.)
1. Right-click at the screen’s bottom-left corner and from the pop-up menu, choose “Control Panel“.
2a. If your view is by: Category, open “Add a language” under “Clock, Language and Region” group.
2b. If your view is by: Small Icons, open “Language” option.
3. Open “Add a language” option.
4. From the available languages, choose the language you want to add (e.g. French), and click “Open”.
5. In Regional variant options, choose the desired variant (e.g. French (France)) and choose “Add” to return to main “Language Options” window.
6. If you want to add more languages, repeat steps 3 – 5, otherwise, close the language options window and continue working.
How to change Hot Keys between input languages:
1. If you want to change the default input hot keys (Left ALT + SHIFT), between different languages,
open “Advanced Settings” from left pane in the main language options window.
2. In “Advanced settings” window, open the “Change language bar hot keys” in the middle.
3. Now, click on “Change Key Sequence” options and make your preferred choices.
We're looking for part-time or full-time technical writers to join our team! It's about a remote position that qualified tech writers from anywhere in the world can apply. Click here for more details.