Facebook is used from most of us today to share photos and information with our friends or family. Storing and sharing our photos using social networks like Facebook is not always a good idea (privacy violation from unwanted people), but in our days, it is an easy way to stay connected with our family or friends.
This tutorial is written for people who want to make a backup copy of their photos in the case of account deletion.
How to download Facebook photos, videos, messages, chat, posts, etc. from Facebook.
This method focuses on how to download your own information and photos only from your Facebook account:
Step 1: Login to your Facebook Account
Go to Facebook webpage (http://www.facebook.com) and login to your Facebook account.
Step 2: Request to download your Facebook information and photos
2. In “General” settings, click on "Download a copy of your Facebook data".
3. Click on “Download Archive” button.
4. Re – enter your account password and click “Submit”.
Step 3: Download the archive with your Facebook information and photos.
1. Go to the email account that you have registered to Facebook. (Usually the account name you use to log in to Facebook.)
Look in your Inbox and you should find two new emails from Facebook:
a. The first email informs you that you have requested a copy of your Facebook data. This mail is send from Facebook for security reasons in the case someone has compromised your Facebook account.
b. The second email contains the link to find and download your Facebook archive.
2. Open the email from Facebook with subject “Your Facebook download is ready”.
3. Towards the end of the email message, click to open the given link to download your Facebook Archive.
Step 4: View your Facebook downloaded archive.
1. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the download location on your computer.
There you should find a new file archive named “<your Facebook username>.zip” (e.g. “facebook-wintipsorg.zip”)
2. Right click on the download Facebook archive and from the drop-down menu select to extract it.
3. Open the new folder named with your Facebook username (e.g. “facebook-wintipsorg”) to be able to explore your Facebook account information and photos locally.
Inside that folder your should find the following files/folders:
a. Index (file): If you open this file (Double –click on it) a new browser window opens on your screen and there you can navigate to all your Facebook account information, including: Contact Info, Wall, Photos, Videos, Settings, security, etc.
b. Photos (folder): Contains all your uploaded Facebook photos.
c. Html (folder): Contains all your Facebook settings and information.
Advice – Warning: The Facebook archive file contains private information. You should keep it secure and take precautions when storing or sending or uploading it to another service.