Last updated on April 2nd, 2019
The Windows Setup Error 0x8007025D occured during the clean installation of Windows 10 from a USB on a new Asus laptop. The same error was coming up even when trying to install Windows 8 or Windows 7 OS from a USB media.
Error 0x8007025D in details: At the end of the first phase of Windows 10 installation, the Windows Setup failed with error "The installation was canceled. Any changes made to your computer won't be saved" followed by the error message "Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x8007057D".
This tutorial contains instructions to resolve the Windows Install Error 0x8007025D when trying to install Windows 7, 8 or 10 OS from USB.
How to FIX: Windows Clean Install fails with Error 0x8007025D.
Solution 1. Install Windows from DVD.
I write this solution first, because in most cases, the error 0x8007025D is resolved when the installation is performed from a Windows DVD installation media. So, proceed and by using the Media Creation Tool, download and burn the Windows.iso file, to a DVD media and then install Windows from that DVD media to resolve the 0x8007025D error. *
* Note: If you don't have a DVD device on your system, then create a new USB bootable media by using another USB flash drive (to make sure that the drive is not damaged), or continue to the next solutions.
Solution 2. Connect Windows USB Media on another USB Port.
The second solution to bypass the Windows Setup 0x8007025D error, is to plug the USB Media on another USB port and better on a USB v2.0 port (if your PC has a USB v.2.0 port).
Also, disconnect all the peripheral devices that you don't need (e.g. USB Wireless Mouse or Keyboard Receiver, USB Wireless Network Card, Printer etc.) before starting the installation.
Solution 3. Check RAM Memory for problems.
The failure of the Windows installation may be due to a faulty memory (RAM). At that case, follow these steps:
1. Test the installed RAM for problems by following the instructions in this article: How to Test & Diagnose RAM Memory problems. If the test fails, then replace the damaged RAM stick.
2. If you have 2 installed sticks of RAM, on your system, then remove the one of them and try to install Windows again.
3. (Optional) Try to replace the RAM on your system, even if the Memory test result was fine.
Solution 4. Check and Replace Hard Drive (IF needed).
Another cause of the Windows Setup error 0x8007025D, is a damaged hard drive. So, proceed and diagnose the HDD for problems by following the instructions in this article: How to Test and Diagnose Hard Drive (HDD) for hardware problems. If your hard drive is damaged then immediately replace it.
Solution 5. Create a 125GB Partition and install Windows on it.
1. Boot from the Windows Installation Media and choose: Custom: Install Windows only (advanced).
2. Select and Delete one by one all the partitions on the drive.
3. Click New and create only one partition on the drive with size 120GB.
4. Highlight the 120GB partition and click Next to install Windows. *
* Note: If the Windows installation goes fine, then you can resize (expand) the partition.
Solution 6.Update System BIOS.
Another solution to resolve the Windows installation error 0x8007025D, is to update the BIOS on your system.
Important: The BIOS Update is the last solution to solve computer problems, because if you incorrectly update the BIOS, you 'll make your computer unbootable and useless. So, be very careful when updating your BIOS and do not power off your PC during the BIOS update process.
How to Update the BIOS:
1. Enter BIOS Setup and find out the current BIOS version. Additionally, you can find out the BIOS version, from Windows GUI. To do that, open Command Prompt and type this command:
- wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion
2. Navigate to your PC manufacturer support site and download the latest BIOS Version, for your computer model.
3. Follow – exactly – the instructions provided, by the manufacturer on how to update the BIOS on your PC.
That's it! Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.