Last updated on November 26th, 2019
On a Windows 10 based computer, the latest version of Malwarebytes security program cannot be installed with error "An error occurred". After some research, I realized that the Malwarebytes installation problem "An error occurred" appears if a previous version of the program has been installed and has not been properly removed.
This tutorial contains instructions to resolve the "An error occurred" error message while trying to install Malwarebytes.
How to FIX: An error occurred in Malwarebytes Install.
Step 1. Delete the Malwarebytes folder.
1. Open File Explorer and navigate to "C:\Program Files" folder.
2. Delete the Malwarebytes folder.
3. Try to install Malwarebytes. Normally, the installation will finish without problems, but if you receive again the error "An error occurred", continue to step-2.
Step 2. Remove previous versions of Malwarebytes with the Malwarebytes Support Tool.
1. Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool.
2. Accept the License Agreement and click Next.
3. Select Advanced on the left and then choose Clean.
4. Click Yes to remove all Malwarebytes products and then click OK to reboot your computer.
5. After reboot, install Malwarebytes.
That's it! Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.