Last updated on January 23rd, 2019
In a previous tutorial I explained the way to automatically backup your Outlook data in Outlook 2003 and 2007 versions using the Personal folder backup tool, provided by Microsoft. Since this tool – or a similar one – is no longer provided by Microsoft for the recent Outlook 2016 & 2013 versions, I looked around to find a reliable and freeware tool to automate the Outlook backup process in these versions.
In this tutorial you 'll find detailed instructions to automatically backup your Outlook PST data file, using the freeware Outlook 2016 and Outlook 2013 Backup Add-In.
How to Auto Backup Outlook 2016, 2013 or 2010 .PST Data file.
1. Close Outlook.
2. Download and install the Outlook 2016 and Outlook 2013 Backup Add-In.
3. When the installation is completed, launch Outlook.
4. From the menu bar, click BACKUP and then click Settings.
5. Select the PST data files that you want to backup.
6. At "Interval" options specify when you want the backup to be taken (e.g. 2 days).
7. Specify the backup destination.
8. Click Save when done.
That's it. The first automatic Outlook backup will be taken when you exit Outlook for the first time.
Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.