Last updated on September 10th, 2019
In this tutorial you 'll find detailed instructions to automatically backup your Outlook PST data file, using the freeware Outlook 2016 and Outlook 2013 Backup Add-In.
The Outlook 2016 and Outlook 2013 Backup Add-In is a reliable and freeware tool to automate the Outlook backup process in Outlook 2010, 2013 or 2016 versions.
How to Auto Backup Outlook 2016, 2013 or 2010 .PST Data file.
1. Close Outlook.
2. Download the Outlook 2016 and Outlook 2013 Backup Add-In v1.7. (direct link). *
* Note: The latest version (V.1.9) of the "Outlook Backup Add-In" can be found here but it doesn't contain the "Setup" file to install the Add-In.
3. Extract the downloaded zip file.
4. Double click at the 'OutlookBackupAddIn.msi" to install the plugin.
6. When the installation is completed, launch Outlook.
7. From the menu bar, click BACKUP and then click Settings.
8. Select the PST data files that you want to backup.
9. At "Interval" options specify when you want the backup to be taken (e.g. 2 days).
10. Specify the backup destination.
11. Click Save when done.
That's it. The first automatic Outlook backup will be taken when you exit Outlook for the first time.
Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.