If you want to change Windows 10 S Mode to Windows 10 Home, or you want to solve the problem "For security and performance, this mode of Windows only runs verified apps from the Store", when you try to install a third-party app, continue reading below.
Many laptops are pre-installed with Windows 10 S for security and performance reasons according to Microsoft. Windows 10 in S mode is a version of Windows 10 that allows the installation of applications only from the Microsoft Store and requires Microsoft Edge for safe browsing.
While Windows 10 S is recommended for security reasons, on the other hand it creates a serious problem for the users, because it does not allow them to install programs that are not available in the Windows Store. This means that any other software not available in the Microsoft Store cannot be installed, like web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, etc.), third-party security programs, or any other application that is necessary to home or professional users. To bypass the limitations of the Windows 10 S Mode restrictions follow the instructions below, to change to Windows 10 Home.
How to Switch Out from Windows 10 S Mode.
If you bought a laptop running Windows 10 in S Mode, then you can easily switch to Windows 10 Home, by following the below procedure:*
* Note: Keep in mind, that after switching out of Windows 10 S mode, you cannot switch back and you'll need to keep using the Windows 10 Home.
2. At Activation options and under the Switch to Windows 10 Home section, click Go to Store.
3. At 'Switch out of S Mode' page, click Get and then click Install.
4. Finally, sign-in to Microsoft Store by using your Microsoft account (if you have not already done so), or create a new MS account and use it to change Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Home.
That's it! Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.
- How to Send Automatic Replies in Outlook with an Office365/Exchange Account. - December 6, 2023
- How to Send Automatic Replies in Outlook with POP3/IMAP Accounts. - December 4, 2023
- How to Easy Update to Windows 11 23H2 on Unsupported Hardware. - November 29, 2023