If you're looking for a way to convert Office files (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to PDF files, continue reading below.
The PDF file format is one of the most common file formats in use today. It is not only extensively used in the legal, medical, and real-estate industries, but is also seen being used in schools & colleges, small businesses, or even at home.
Most individuals and organizations prefer PDF format because of its portability (you can share it without having to worry about dependencies), reliability, security, ease of creation, and universal compatibility.
In this guide, we will walk you through the process of converting Office files to PDF. Both users of Office and those without it will find this guide useful.
How to Convert Microsoft Office files to PDF (if you own MS Office or not)
- Method 1. Convert Office Files to PDF in Microsoft Office.
- Method 2. Convert Office Files to PDF Using Google Drive.
- Method 3. Convert Office files to PDF using Online PDF Converter.
- Method 4. Convert Microsoft Office files to PDF using LibreOffice.
Method 1. How to Convert Word, Excel or PowerPoint Files to PDF in Microsoft Office.
The easiest way to convert any Office document (Word, Excel or PowerPoint) to PDF, is to use the "Save as" option in the Office program that you are opening the file and to choose to save the document to PDF. For example, to convert a Microsoft Word file to PDF: *
* Note: In this example, we will show you how to convert a Word document to PDF. You can use the same steps for any other MS Office file (Excel or PowerPoint), as the steps are the same.
1. Open the targeted document and click on File located on the top-left corner of your window.
2. Choose Save As from the left pane.
3. In the 'Save As' screen, click on the folder (location), where you would like to save the file (e.g. "Documents").
4. In the 'Save As' window, expand the "Save as type" option and choose "PDF (*.pdf)".
5. Finally, click the Save button to save the file as a PDF.
Method 2. Convert Microsoft Office Files to PDF Using Google Drive.
If you don't own the Microsoft Office suite installed, then you can easily convert any Word, Excel or PowerPoint document file to PDF by using Google Drive.
1. Open Google Drive and click on the New button.
2. Select File upload and upload the Office file that you want to convert.
3. Now right-click on the file you downloaded and select Open with > Google [Service]. For instance, if you are uploading a Word document, you should upload it on Google Docs.
4. Once the file is opened, select File from the top pane as shown below, and go to: Download –> PDF Document (.pdf). This should convert the file to PDF in no time.
Method 3. Convert Microsoft Office files to PDF Online.
Another method to convert Office files to PDF is by using an Online PDF Converter service. (At this example, we will be using freepdfconvert.com for this purpose).
1. Navigate to freepdfconvert.com and click on Choose file.
2. Upload the file that you want to convert to PDF.
3. Click the Download button to download the PDF file.
Method 4. Convert Microsoft Office files to PDF using LibreOffice.
LibreOffice is a free alternative to Microsoft Office that includes a spreadsheet program, a database tool, a presentation maker, and a word processor. You can open Office files on it and edit or convert them to PDF easily.
- Download the latest version of LibreOffice on your PC.
- Once the download is complete, install it and then launch the application.
- Now open the file in LibreOffice that you wish to convert to PDF.
- Click on the File and choose Export as PDF.
That's it! Which method worked for you?
Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.