How to Restore Files from Windows Server Backup in Server 2016/2012/2012R2.
In previous articles, I had described the way to automatically back up your Windows Server 2016/2012 or 2012R2 by using the Windows Server Backup feature, and the way to restore your server to a previous system state, if needed.
In this article, I 'll show to you, how to restore your data (files or folders), from a previous backup, that has taken with the Windows Server Backup application.
How to Recover Files on Server 2016/2012/2012R2 from a previous Windows Server Backup.
To recover files and folders, with the Windows Server Backup application:
1. Open Server Manager and from the Tools menu open the Windows Server Backup.
2. At Windows Server Backup screen, select Local Backup on the left and then click Recover on the right.
3. Select the backup location and click Next.
4. Then select the date of the backup that you want to use for recovery and click Next.
5. At 'Select Recovery Type' options select the option you want (e.g. "Files or Folders") and click Next.
6. At 'Select Location for System State Recovery' leave checked the Original Location and click Next.
7. Select the files or folders that you want to restore and click Next.
8. Carefully specify the recovery options and click Next.
9. Finally click Recover to restore the selected folders/files.
That’s it! Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.
We're looking for part-time or full-time technical writers to join our team! It's about a remote position that qualified tech writers from anywhere in the world can apply. Click here for more details.