If you have a PDF file with wrong orientation (e.g in case that it was scanned in a wrong orientation or it contains a picture, graph or page(s) that was embedded rotated) then you must rotate this PDF file (or a part – page) to easily manipulate the PDF’s content. This tutorial shows you the way to rotate a PDF files and save it rotated.
How to Rotate & Save PDF document file(s) or individual PDF page(s) for FREE
If you want to rotate Portable Document Format (PDF) file(s) or a part of a PDF file without using an online converter, then you can use the following Free PDF utilities to do your job: PDFill PDF Free Tools.
PDFill PDF Tools is a fantastic FREE application, for easy manipulating PDF files. and (in my opinion) it should be installed in any Windows based computer that uses PDF documents.
Note: First of all you need to download and install PDFill PDF FREE Tools. If you don’t know how to download and install PDFill PDF Free tools, find out below in this article: How to Download & install “PDFill PDF Tools
How to use “PDFill PDF Free Tools” to Rotate PDF and Save it as a new PDF file
1. Start “PDFill PDF Tools (Free)” application.
2. At “PDFill Free tools” main window press the “4. Rotate or CROP PDF Pages” button.
3. Now browse and choose the PDF file that you want to rotate and press “Open”.
4. “Rotate and Crop PDF Pages” options:
- Select the page(s) that you want to rotate. Here you have the following options available:
- The number of page that you want to rotate. *
- All Pages: if you want to rotate all pages from your PDF File.
- Landscape or Portrait Page Only: if you want to rotate only the landscape or only the Portrait orientation pages.
- Odd Page or Even Page: if you want to rotate the Odd or the Even page(s)
- Click to activate the “Rotate by” checkbox (2).
- Select the rotate type (e.g. Clockwise 90 degree) (3).
- Press “Save as” button to save the rotated PDF page(s) into a new PDF file (4).
Note*: The only disadvantage I can find in PDFill program, is that there is no option if you want to rotate a part of the PDF document. (e.g. Pages 1-10).
5. Specify the location (e.g. your “Desktop”) and the name for the new rotated PDF file that will be created (e.g. “Test_PDF_Rotated”) and press the “Save” button.
6. Wait until the rotating process is completed (the program opens the new rotated PDF file on your screen) and “Close” all PDFill open dialogs.
That’s it. Now on your screen you should view the rotated PDF file.
How to Download & install “PDFill PDF Tools”
1. Download PDFill PDF Tools*:
Notice*: The setup package contains the complete PDFill application including the evaluation copy of PDFill PDF Editor, the FREE PDF Tools and the FREE PDF and Image Writer.
2. Save the program on your computer or press “Run” to start the installation immediately.
3. Press “Yes” at UAC warning message.
4. Press “Next” at welcome screen.
5. Accept the License Agreement and press “Next”
6. Leave the default setup options (or modify them according to your needs) and press “Next”.
7. Press “Install’ to start installation.
8. When the installation of PDFill applications is completed press “Finish”. *
Notice.*: After Installation the installer checks and updates the Sun Java machine.
Note: You can start working with PDFill PDF Free tools by:
- Double clicking on “PDFill PDF Tools (Free)” icon on your desktop
- Or by going to “Start Menu > Programs > PDFill > PDFill PDF Tools (Free)”