In this tutorial you will find instructions, on how to modify MX records, in order to route you domain email thought Google Mail. This tutorial is written for users that they want to keep using the G-Suite Mail (Google Apps Mail, GMAIL), as their default mail service, after transferring their website from Google Sites to another hosting provider. For example: Your website is running from a third party host (not on G-Suite), but you want to use the existing G Suite GMAIL with your domain.
In this tutorial you learn how to modify the default Mail Exchanger (MX) records, in order to route domain's email to Google Mail servers. (Direct your domain email to a G-Suite account Mail/Gmail).
How to Transfer your Domain's Email Accounts to Google Suite GMAIL.
Step 1. Modify MX Records for GMAIL.
1. Login to cPanel.
2. At Domains sections click Zone Editor.
3. Click the plus (+) at the left of MX Record.
4. Now type the following five (5) MX Records (one-by-one) for the Google email services:
5. When you have finished adding the MX records, click Manage.
6. At Filter: line, click MX.
7. Locate on the list of MX records, the one that has as destination you domain name and Priority 0 * and click Delete it. **
* e.g. If you domain is the "example.com" then you will see a similar entry:
[ example.com TTL 14400 Class: IN Type: MX Priority: 0 Destination: example.com ]
** Note: If you cannot delete the MX record, then click Edit and change its priority from 0 to 20.
Step 2. Modify Email routing.
The final step is to change the default Mail Exchanger for your domain, in order to root your domain's incoming mail to Google Servers.
1. At the main page of cPanel, click the Email Routing icon at Email section.
2. Select the Remote Mail Exchanger and then click Change.
3. Close cPanel and you 're done.
That's it! Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.
- How to Send Automatic Replies in Outlook with an Office365/Exchange Account. - December 6, 2023
- How to Send Automatic Replies in Outlook with POP3/IMAP Accounts. - December 4, 2023
- How to Easy Update to Windows 11 23H2 on Unsupported Hardware. - November 29, 2023