In this tutorial you'll find all the available ways to run CMD (Command Prompt) as Administrator in Windows 10 or Windows 11 OS. As you may know, opening the Command Prompt as Administrator, allows you to execute commands that requires Administrative privileges.
There are several ways to run cmd as administrator on Windows 10 and in this guide will show you all of them.
How to Run Command Prompt as Administrator in Windows 11/10.
Method 1. Open CMD as Administrator from Search.
Any easy way to run cmd as administrator in Windows 10, is to start command prompt as administrator, using the search menu:
2. Now, perform one of the following actions:
a. Right-Click at Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
b. Select Run as Administrator
Method 2. Run Command as Administrator Using the RUN box.
One of the fastest methods to open an administrator command prompt on Windows 10 is the following:
Method 3. Run CMD as Administrator from Power User menu.
Another method to open command prompt as admin in Windows 10, is by using the Power User menu.
2. Click Command Prompt (Admin) to run cmd as administrator. *
* Note: Note if the Command Prompt (admin) option is missing, then navigate to Start > Settings > Personalization > Taskbar and set to OFF the "Replace Command Prompt with Windows PowerShell in menu when I right-click the start button or press Windows key +X" switch.
Method 4. Run Command Prompt As Administrator from the Start menu.
To open command prompt with elevated rights on Windows 10 from the Start menu:
1. Click the Start menu and expand the Windows System folder/menu.
2. Right-click at Command Prompt and select More > Run as administrator.
Method 5. Open CMD as Admin using Task Manager.
The final method to launch command prompt as Administrator on Windows, is by using Task Manager:
1. Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESCAPE to open Task Manager.
2. Click the File menu and select Run new task.
3. Type cmd and check the "Create this task with administrative privileges" checkbox. Finally press Enter or click OK.
That’s it! Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.