How to Record Skype Call on Windows 10.
Do you want to record your Skype calls on Windows 10 so you can watch to them later? If yes, then keep reading! Skype call recording is useful in a variety of situations. It is ideal for people who work from home or from another location and want to watch again an important video conference, presentation or lecture, or even keep a memory of their web chat with their loved ones.
Luckily, both Skype and Windows 10 include call recording features that makes more easier for you to record your Skype conversations.
In this guide, we will walk you through the process of recording and saving Skype calls on Windows 10 in detail.
How to Record & Save Skype Calls in Windows 10.
Method 1: Record & Save Skype Calls using 'Skype for Desktop'.
The first method to record Skype calls is by using the desktop version of Skype on Windows 10. *
* Note: If you haven't the desktop version of Skype, download and install it from here.
To record a Skype call with Skype for Desktop:
1. Launch Skype and start a video or voice call with the person you want.
2. Once you are inside the call, click on the More button (three dots) at the bottom of the window and select Start recording. *
Note: When you start recording the call, a banner on the screen will appear letting everyone know that you are recording the call. To record without letting the other participants know, jump to the next method below.
3. To stop recording, click on the More button again and select Stop recording. *
* Note: You can also directly click on the Stop recording option from the top-left corner of the screen.
To Save the Skype Call from Skype for Desktop.
After ending your Skype conversation, the recording is posted in the chat window with the other person and will be available to you (and the other person), for 30 days, to save it locally or to share it with others.
1. To save the Skype recording locally, go to your chat conversation with the other person your recorded and click More > Save as.
2. Type a name for the Skype recording, and hit Enter to save it on your PC.
Method 2. Record & Save Skype Calls Secretly (without the other person knowing).
If you want to record a Skype call without other party knowing it, proceed to the steps below. *
* Notice: Please note that recording a skype conversation without the other party's knowledge may be prohibited in your country. So, before recording Skype calls, check the laws of your country.
Out there, there are lot a programs to allow you to record your screen or to record a Skype conversation, but the best way to accomplish this task is by using "Game Bar",* the embedded Windows 10 screen recorder application.
Game Bar, is an integrated program in Windows 10 that helps gamers record videos, broadcast gameplay online, and take screenshots.
To record a Skype Conversation without the other person knowing it with Game Bar:
1. Press Windows + I keys simultaneously on your keyboard to launch Settings.
2. In the Settings window, click on Gaming.
3. Inside the Gaming window, select Xbox Game Bar from the left panel and then switch the toggle On in the right side to enable the Game Bar.
4. Next, launch Skype and start a Video call.
5. Once the call has started, press Windows + G keys together on your keyboard to open the Game bar.
a. To Start the recording press the Windows + ALT + R keys, or click the Record button in the 'Game Capturing' options. *
* Note: Game bar recordings, are muted by default. To record audio press the Microphone icon once to turn it ON.
b. To Stop the recording, press the Windows + ALT + R keys simultaneously again.
6. When you stop recording, your screen will show a confirmation message, stating that the recording is complete. Click on the message to navigate to the location where the recording is saved, or navigate to C:\Users\UserName\My Documents\My Videos\Captures\ in the file explorer to find the saved clip.
That's it! Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.
We're looking for part-time or full-time technical writers to join our team! It's about a remote position that qualified tech writers from anywhere in the world can apply. Click here for more details.