In recent years, the ability to send large files over the Internet has become essential for many users. in this article I will show you the most reliable ways to transfer large files over the Internet without hassles.
Since it is impossible to send files over 25 MB, over the standard messaging platforms (Gmail, Outlook, etc.), you have to use other ways to send big files over the internet. Here, I have selected the easiest methods I found to securely transfer large files via Internet.
How to Send/Transfer Large Files over the Internet for FREE.
Compress it: Before sending a large file over the Internet, it is recommended that you compress the file to make it smaller in size and optionally encrypt it. To compress and encrypt a large file, you can use a "File Compression software" such as 7-zip, WinZip or WinRAR. I personally recommend using 7-zip because it is free and easy to use.
* Note: The advantage of encrypting a compressed file is that the recipient needs to know the password you set when compressing / encrypting the file to decrypt and access it.
After compressing the file, you can use one of the following ways to send it. These methods are my personal favorites and I have chosen them after considering the following parameters: reliability, ease of use, sending limit and speed.
Sending large files using Google Drive, is one of the most convenient methods, because you only need a Gmail account.
How to Send a Large File using Google Drive:
1. Sign in to Google Drive.
2. Click New + and upload your files.
3. After upload, right click on the uploaded file and click Get link.
4. At the window, perform one of the following, according your will:
a. To send a link of the file to a specific GMAIL recipient, type the recipient's email address and choose Done. (the recipient must login using it's Google Email account credentials in order to view/edit or download the shared file).
b. Click Change to anyone with the link and then Copy link if you to send/share your file with anyone with the link.
Dropbox is a file sharing cloud service which is widely used all around the globe to share large files with multiple people by creating a secure shareable link. Dropbox is an alternative to Google Drive and its cloud service supports all operating systems Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android.
In order to use Dropbox Sharing services, you need to sign up for a free account (Dropbox Basic) which offering 2 GB of space for cloud storage and the option to transfer files up to 100 MB. *
* Note: If you want to transfer files over 100 MB, you have to upgrade your Dropbox account to a plan that covers your needs.
How to Use Dropbox to Transfer Large Files:
1. Signup/Login to Dropbox.
2. Upload the files/folder you want to share with others.
3. Once your file uploaded, select it and click Share.
4. Type the email of the recipient and click Share file, or click Create then copy link and send the link to the recipient (e.g. by email).
On of most popular methods today to send large files over Internet is by using the WeTransfer file transfer service. The best part of WeTransfer, is that allows you to quickly send your files to others without the need to create an account to use its services.
WeTransfer also comes with an IOS app offering a free transfer of 10 GB. Sadly, IOS doesn’t have a file manager so it is good for only sending images and videos.
How to Send a file with WeTransfer:
2. Click Add your files and choose the files that you want to send. (sending limit 2GB).
3. After choosing the file, fill the required information below (recipient's email, your email address and optionally a message to the recipient) and click Transfer .
JumpShare is another secure file sharing service that thousands of users trust and allows you to share files up to 250 MB using a free account very simply and quickly.
How to Send Large Files over Internet using JumpShare:
1. Navigate to JumpShare.com and Signup for a Free Account.
2. Click Upload and select the file that you want to share with others. and get the link to share it.
3. Finally, right-click on the file you want to share / send over the Internet and click Share to send your file to specific recipients by emailing them, or click Copy Link to get a link of the shared file in order to send it using other ways (e.g. email, chat, etc.).
uTorrent Web is one of the best Cloud services available to share large files over the internet. The best thing about uTorrent is that it is accessible on every operating system. Below we have systematically demonstrated how to share large files over internet using “uTorrent Web”
How to Send Large Files using uTorrent Web.
1. Download & install uTorrent Web (free) from their official website.
2. Run the program and click on Create Torrent
3. Select the file that you want the send and click Create Torrent.
4. Once the file is uploaded, click the Share button to send a link to the uploaded file to the recipients you want.
That’s it! I hope these methods will help you in sending large files over Internet with ease.
Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.