Last updated on October 29th, 2019
If you looking for a way to unblock a YouTube video, or to access a website that is not available in your country, then continue reading this post. This tutorial contains several methods to bypass the following problems when trying to view a website or a video in YouTube or other sites: "This video is not available in your location", "Content unavailable in your location", "This video is unavailable in your country", "The Uploader has not made this video available in your country".
First of all, you should know that when you receive the "content is unavailable" message, when you try to watch a video or access a webpage, it means that the video owner, or the content publisher of the website, has restricted the access to your country and allowed the access only from certain countries or geographic areas. *
* Note: In some countries, YouTube or certain websites may be blocked by the countries ISPs due to the Government's orders. So, if you know that your ISP has blocked the access to certain websites, then before you continue to the methods below, use the Google's public DNS servers and then to access the blocked sites. To do that:
1. Go to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center.
2. Click Adapter Settings on the left.
3. Double click to open the active Network Connection (e.g. the "Local Area Connection").
4. Select the 'Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)' and click Properties.
5. Select "Use the following DNS server addresses" and type the following DNS Server addresses: 188.8.131.52 & 184.108.40.206
6. Press OK (twice) to close network properties.
7. Restart your computer.
8. Try to access the blocked site and If the problem persists, continue to the methods below…
How to Access Blocked Videos & Sites Which are Blocked in your Country.
The most reliable way to watch a blocked YouTube video or to visit a website which is unavailable to your location, is to change your country appearance is by using a VPN Server. A VPN server acts as a secure tunnel (gateway) between you and the Internet because it encrypts all your transmitted data and changes your IP address with another one that may exist in a different country.
Method 1. View Blocked YouTube Videos by using a Free VPN Browser Extension.
The first method to watch blocked Videos or to access a webpage that is blocked to your country, is to use one of the following Free VPN browser extensions:
uVPN (Unlimited VPN)
1. Add to Chrome the uVPN for Chrome extension.
2. Type the URL of the YouTube video you cannot access and press Enter.
3. Click at uVPN icon, select a different country and then click at the Power button.
1. Add to your browser the Touch VPN for Chrome or the Touch VPN for Firefox add-on.
2. Open the YouTube video that is blocked to your location.
3. Click at Touch VPN icon change the country and click Connect.
Hotspot Shield VPN
a. Open the YouTube video that is blocked to your location.
b. Click at Hotspot Shield VPN icon and click the Power button to connect to the blocked site or to watch the video.
Hola – Free VPN Proxy Unblocker extension.
a. Type the URL of the site or of the Video that you cannot access.
b. Click at the Hola extension icon and then click Unblock.
c. Click the Change the Country to button and choose another country from the list.
Method 2. Bypass Region Restrictions by using the Opera Browser.
Opera Browser, is the first and still only major browser that integrates a free, unlimited VPN service, allowing you to view Internet content that is blocked to your region.
1. Download and install Opera browser on your system.
2. Then click the Opera icon menu at the left top corner and choose Settings.
3. At the left side, click Advanced and then click Features.
4. Drag the Enable VPN switch to ON and then restart the browser.
Method 3. Access Blocked Websites and Protect your Privacy by using a VPN service.
Another famous method to access blocked sites or videos is to use a Free or Paid VPN service. Below, is a list (in alphabetical order) of VPN service providers that you can try, but I suggest you, to try the VPN service before you pay for it.
That's it! Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.