Last updated on February 19th, 2019
Every time I had to recover a customer's laptop to it's factory pre-installed software, I had to search Internet to find for the recovery combination keys to start the recovery process In this article you can find instructions from many internet locations and manufacturers to do this. I will try to keep this article updated.
Notebook Recovery – Restore keys
1. Power on the machine
2. At the ACER BIOS post screen, hold down "Alt" + "F10" key simultaneously to start Acer eRecovery
If the above combination doesn't work press "F10" Key only OR "Ctrl" + "F" keys together.
3. Once eRecovery has loaded, click "Restore to Factory Default Settings"
4. Click "OK" to continue
5. The eRecovery process will update all the data on the C: drive and restore a fully functional factory image
6. Once eRecovery finishes, press "OK" to reboot your computer.
Tap on "F9" when Asus logo appears. For details, follow link below:
Here are the recovery instructions from Dell.
1. Reboot, and press simultaneously "Ctrl" + "F11" (or SHIFT + F8 )at the Dell logo.
2. The Dell™ PC Restore (or the "Dell Backup and Recovery") will come up.
3. Select "Restore" or use the Tab key to highlight it and press Enter.
4. If you wish to continue, click "Confirm", or use the Tab key to highlight it and press Enter.
5. When the utility is finished, click "Finish", or use the Tab key to highlight it and press Enter.
To start the recovery, power ON your computer and then press the "F10" key. Tap F10 repeatedly until you see "Starting System Recovery"
* If the above combination doesn't work try pressing "Alt" + "F10" together.
1. Turn on your Fujitsu Lifebook and press "F12" when the Fujitsu logo appears.
* If the above doesn't work press "Alt" + "F11" together
2. Highlight "Recovery and Utility" with your arrow keys and press "Enter".
3. Select a new keyboard layout on the first screen that appears, if your preferred keyboard is not already selected.
4. Select "Next" > Select "Use recovery tools…" and "Next" on the "Operating System" dialog screen.
5. Click "Recovery and Utility" on the "System Recovery Options" screen.
6. Click the "Recovery" tab and click "Restoring the Factory Image (only C:\drive) and follow the on-screen instructions to restore your Fujitsu Lifebook.
Using a recovery CD.
1. Turn on your computer & repeatedly press "F10" (or "F11") at the HP logo until the recovery screen appears.
Notice: At latest HP models you have to press the "Esc" key first and then press "F10" (or "F11")
2. When the recovery screen appears, press "Next" and then "Yes" to perform a non-destructive recovery.
3. To perform a destructive recovery, click "Advanced" and then "Yes".
4. After the recovery is finished, the laptop will reboot
IBM Lenovo Idea
In Windows, double-click the OneKey Recovery icon to start Lenovo OneKey Recovery system.
If your system cannot start, press the NOVO button (either a small button or pinhole with a backwards arrow icon next to it resembing an upside down U). If you cannot find the NOVO button, click here.
Press the "Blue button" ("Access ThinkPad" or "Access IBM") or press the "F11" Key after power up.
To access pre-boot service partition to recover your software:
To get a Product Recovery CD or DVD:
1. Power off the Megatron laptop.
2. Next to the power button is a Lock switch. Make sure that switch is set to Unlock Position.
3. Power On the laptop while rapidly pressing the ESC key on the keyboard.
4. When the boot menu key appear, use it to select the boot device or to Enter the BIOS setup.
Here are the Gateway Recovery Instructions.
1. Reboot, and press "F11" or the "R" key to start the recovery process.
2. Select either "Full System Restore – Destructive" or "Full System Restore – With Backup" *
3. Click "Next", and then click "Yes" to confirm the recovery process.
4. Wait for the computer to finish the restore process. When it is done, click "Reboot" to reboot the computer.
Notice*: Full System Restore With Backup preserves data in the "My Documents" folder, but requires 4 GB of disk space.
Power On your computer and when the MSI logo appears, press the "F3" key for a few seconds to start the Recovery Program.
Power On your computer and when the Packard Bell logo appears, press the "F11" key for a few seconds to start the Recovery Process
Toshiba laptop recovery
1. Reboot, and press "F8"
2. Choose the "Repair your computer" option.
* If the above doesn't work try to press and hold the zero (0) key while powering up your computer
Satellite instructions: http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/pma500208010_web.pdf
The VAIO Recovery Center can be accessed by pressing the "F10" key at the BIOS Startup.
Using Vaio Recovery Center