How to remove MyFunCards Toolbar from your Internet Browser
"MyFunCards Toolbar” is an adware and hijacker program from “MindSpark Interactive Network” and is bundled inside other free software installation programs. When FunCards Toolbar is installed on your computer, it replaces your browser’s default search settings to “Ask.com” search settings and changes your Internet default homepage to ”http://home.tb.ask.com”.
The FunCards Toolbar was probably installed on your computer during the installation of other free software. Please be careful of installation options when you install free software so that you don't accidentally install additional unwanted software or toolbars.
To remove “FunCards Toolbar” and remove “Ask” search settings from your Internet Browser settings, follow the steps below:
How to remove “FunCards” Toolbar from your computer:
Step 1. Uninstall applications from “Mindspark Interactive Network” publisher .
1. To do this, go to:
- Windows 8/7/Vista: Start > Control Panel.
- Windows XP: Start > Settings > Control Panel
2. Double click to open
- Add or Remove Programs if you have Windows XP
- Programs and Features if you have Windows 8, 7 or Vista.
3. In the program list, find and Remove (Uninstall) these apps :
- MyFunCards Internet Explorer Toolbar (by “Mindspark Interactive Network”)
- Any Application from “Mindspark Interactive Network” publisher.
- Any application that belongs to “Ask.com” publisher.
- Any other unknown application.
Step 2. Remove “MyFunCards” toolbar & “Ask.com” search settings from your internet browser.
Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox
How to remove “FunCards Toolbar” & “Ask.com” search settings from Internet Explorer.
1. From Internet Explorer main menu, click: "Tools " and choose "Internet Options".
2. At “General” tab, delete the unwanted homepage “home.tb.ask.com” from “Home page” box & type your preferred homepage (e.g. www.google.com)
3. At “Search” section, press “Settings” in Search section. *
Notice*: If you want to modify search settings in Internet explorer while in main Internet Explorer window, just press the “Gear” icon (on the top right corner) and choose “Manage Add-ons” .
4. On "Search Providers" options, choose and "Set as default" a search provider other than the “Ask Web Search” provider.
5. Then choose the “Ask Web Search” provider and click Remove.
6. Choose “Toolbars and Extensions” on the left pane and then select and Disable all toolbars and extensions from “Mindspark Interactive Network”.
- Search Assistant BHO
- Toolbar BHO
7. Close all Internet Explorer windows and restart your browser.
8. Proceed to Step 3.
How to remove “MyFunCards Toolbar” & “Ask.com” search settings from Google Chrome.
1. Open Google Chrome and go to chrome menu and choose "Settings".
2. Find the "On startup" section and choose "Set Pages".
3. Delete the "home.tb.ask.com" from startup pages by pressing the "X" symbol on the right.
4. Set your preferred startup page (e.g. http://www.google.com) and press "OK".
5. Under “Appearance” section, check to enable the “Show Home button” option and choose “Change”.
6. Delete the “search.ask.com” entry from “Open this page” box.
7. Type (if you like) your preferred webpage to open when you press your “Home page” button (e.g. www.google.com) or leave this field blank and press “OK”.
5. Go to "Search" section and choose "Manage search engines".
6. Choose your preferred default search engine (e.g. Google search) and press "Make default".
7. Then choose the Ask.com search engine “search.tb.ask.com" and remove it by pressing the "X" symbol at the right.
Choose "Done" to close "Search engines" window.
8. Choose "Extensions" on the left.
9. In “Extensions” options, remove the “MyFunCards” extension by clicking the recycle icon at the right.
10. Close all Google Chrome windows and proceed to Step 3.
How to remove “MyFunCards Toolbar” & “Ask.com” search settings from Mozilla Firefox.
1. Click on “Firefox” menu button on the top left of Firefox window and go to “Options”.
2. In “General” tab, delete the unwanted homepage: “http://home.tb.ask.com” page from “Home Page” box & type your preferred homepage (e.g. http://www.google.com).
Press “OK” when finished.
3. From Firefox menu, go to “Tools” > “Manage Add-ons”.
4. Choose “Extensions” on the left and then remove the unwanted “MyFunCards” extension by pressing the "Remove" button.
* If asked, set to “Remove Ask Web Search as the default search setting and restore to my previous setting” & hit “OK”.
5. Choose “Plugins” on the left and set the unwanted “MindSpark Toolbar Platform” plugin to “Never Activate“ (Disable).
6. Close all Firefox windows and restart Firefox.
Step 3: Clean remaining registry entries using “AdwCleaner”.
1. Download and save “AdwCleaner” utility to your desktop.
2. Close all open programs and Double Click to open ”AdwCleaner” from your desktop.
3. Press “Scan”.
4. When the scan is completed, press “Clean” to remove all the unwanted malicious entries.
4. Press “OK” at “AdwCleaner – Information” and press “OK” again to restart your computer.
5. When your computer restarts, close "AdwCleaner" information (readme) window and continue to the next step.
Step 4. Clean your computer from remaining malicious threats.
Download and install one of the most reliable FREE anti malware programs today to clean your computer from remaining malicious threats. If you want to stay constantly protected from malware threats, existing and future ones, we recommend that you install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO:
Removes Spyware, Adware & Malware.
Start Your Free Download Now!
1. Run "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" and allow the program to update to it's latest version and malicious database if needed.
2. When the "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" main window appears on your screen, choose the "Perform quick scan" option and then press "Scan" button and let the program scan your system for threats.
3. When the scanning is completed, press “OK” to close the information message and then press the "Show results" button to view and remove the malicious threats found.
4. At the "Show Results" window check – using your mouse's left button- all the infected objects and then choose the "Remove Selected" option and let the program remove the selected threats.
5. When the removal of infected objects process is complete, "Restart your system to remove all active threats properly"
6. Continue to the next step.
Step 5. Clean unwanted files and entries.
Use “CCleaner” program and proceed to clean your system from temporary internet files and invalid registry entries.*
*If you don’t know how to install and use “CCleaner”, read these instructions.
We're looking for part-time or full-time technical writers to join our team! It's about a remote position that qualified tech writers from anywhere in the world can apply. Click here for more details.