In this tutorial you 'll find detailed instructions to clone a hard disk using the Macrium Reflect Free software. Macrium Reflect, is a reliable clone disk utility, that can be used to create an image of a hard disk or to backup disk's partitions (all contents) or individual files and folders into a single compressed, mountable archive file.
A disk clone, is an exact copy of the data contained on one disk (original disk) into another disk (cloned disk). The hard drive clone operation, is useful, when you want to replace or upgrade a hard drive with a larger one, or if you want to backup the contained data for safety reasons. Additionally, you can use the cloned drive to another PC with the same or different hardware configuration. *
* Note for Windows 7 or Vista users: To make the cloned drive to work in another configuration read this tutorial: How to Replace Motherboard without Reinstalling Windows.
In this tutorial you 'll find detailed instructions to clone a hard drive using the Macrium Reflect Free software.
How to clone a hard disk with Macrium Reflect Free.
Step 1. Download and Install Macrium Reflect.
1. Download Macrium Reflect Free (Home Use).
2. At 'Macrium Reflect Download Agent', leave the default options and click Download.
3. When the download is completed, proceed and install the product.
Step 2. Clone Hard Drive with Macrium Reflect.
1. Select the disk that you want to clone.
2. Choose Clone this disk
3. Choose Select a disk to clone to…
4. Click at the destination (empty) disk. *
5. Then click Next. *
* Note: If the destination disk is not empty then click Delete Existing partition.
6. At the next screen you can specify a schedule for the clone operation. To run the clone immediately click Next.
7. Review your settings and click Finish
8. At the 'Backup Save Options', click OK. *
* Note: If you want to save your clone settings, to re-run the backup at any time on the future, leave the "Save backup and schedules as a XML Backup Definition File" option, checked.
9. Finally, sit back and wait the clone disk operation to complete.
That's it! Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.