Mozilla Firefox suddenly doesn't open any web pages, or it displays a black (blank) page in any website you try to open. All other browsers (e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc.) work perfectly. This probably happens due to a malware/virus that corrupts Firefox settings or due to a hardware incompatibility with your graphics card.
In particular, the following problems – symptoms appear when you use your Mozilla Firefox browser:
- Firefox displays a black screen in any page you try to open.
- Firefox displays a blank screen in any page you try to open.
- All other browsers (e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc.) work perfectly.
If you face one of the above errors or symptoms, while using Mozilla Firefox, then try the following procedure to resolve your problem(s).
How to solve Firefox black (blank) page problem.
Before continuing to implement the solutions mentioned below, first try the following.
- Clear Firefox browsing data.
- Temporarily turn off (disable) your Antivirus and your Firewall program.
- Scan your computer for malware programs by using this guide: Malware Removal Guide to clean your infected computer
Solution 1. Disable Hardware Acceleration
1. Click on “Firefox” menu button on the top left of Firefox window and go to “Options”.
2. Press “Advanced”.
3. Uncheck (disable) the “Use hardware acceleration when available” option.
Solution 2: Start Firefox in safe mode
1. Click on “Firefox” menu button and go to “Options” > “Help” > “Restart with Add-ons Disabled”.
Now check if you can open websites without the black page problem. If so, then proceed to disable any Add-ons installed that may installed in Firefox.
How to disable Firefox Add-ons (Extensions).
1. Click on “Firefox” menu button on the top left of Firefox window and go to “Add-ons”.
2. Choose “Extensions” on the left pane.
3. In “Extensions” options, “Disable” one by one all extensions listed to find the one that causes the problem. Restart Firefox and see if the problem fixed. If so then…
4. …remove from Firefox any extension that causes the problem by pressing the “Remove” button.
- How to Send Automatic Replies in Outlook with an Office365/Exchange Account. - December 6, 2023
- How to Send Automatic Replies in Outlook with POP3/IMAP Accounts. - December 4, 2023
- How to Easy Update to Windows 11 23H2 on Unsupported Hardware. - November 29, 2023