This tutorial contains instructions on how to install Office 2016 or Office 2013 on a RDSH Server 2016 (Remote Desktop Session Host Server 2016). The Remote Desktop Session Host server, (known as a "Terminal Server" in prior to Windows Server 2008 R2 server versions), provides to remote users the ability to access the applications on the RDS host server and the company resources from anywhere by using a remote desktop client
How to Install Office 2013/2016 on a Windows Server 2016 running Remote Desktop Services.
To install Office 2016 on RDSH Server 2016:
1. Navigate to Windows Control Panel.
2. Click at Install Applications on Remote Desktop Server.
2. At 'Install Program From Floppy Disk (really?) or CD-ROM' click Next.
3. Click Browse, select the setup application, from your Office installation media and click Open.
4. Click Next again.
5. Accept the License Terms and click Continue.
6. Finally click the Install Now button to install Office. *
* Note: If asked type your product key.
7. When the installation is completed click Close and then click Finish to close the Admin Install wizard.
8. To verify the activation status:
a. Open an Office application (e.g. Word) and go to File -> Account.
b. If the activation status says "Not Activated", click Change product key and then type your license key to activate your Office product.
That’s it! Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.
- How to Backup Synology NAS to External USB Drive. - December 11, 2023
- How to Send Automatic Replies in Outlook with an Office365/Exchange Account. - December 6, 2023
- How to Send Automatic Replies in Outlook with POP3/IMAP Accounts. - December 4, 2023