If you want to learn how to record Team meetings to review them later, this article is for you. Today, online communications and meetings have become an easy affair, thanks to easy-to-use video conferencing platforms like Microsoft Teams.
Microsoft Teams, is an online communication and collaboration platform that offers document sharing, web conferencing and many other extremely useful features and, like most video conferencing platforms, offers users the ability to record their meetings.
Recording a Teams meeting is extremely useful for users who want to re-watch an online meeting and not miss any of its details. In this guide, we will show you how you can record a meeting in Microsoft Teams in a few easy steps.
How to Record Microsoft Teams Meetings.
- Method 1: Record Teams Meetings via Team Desktop App.
- Method 2: Record Teams Meetings via Web Portal.
- Method 3: Record & Save Teams Meetings without third party knowing it on Windows 10.
Method 1: Record Team meetings via Team Desktop App.
The first method to record a Teams meeting, is by using the Microsoft Teams desktop application. To start recording a meeting in Teams desktop app:
1. Launch Microsoft Teams and start/join a meeting.
2. Click on the More button (three dots) and select Start recording from the list of options available. *
* Note: Once the recording starts, all meeting members will be notified about it. It is also important to note that only one person can record the meeting at a time and the recording is automatically stored in the cloud where all users will have access to it.
3. To stop the meeting recording at any time, click on the Three dots … menu and click Stop recording.
4. When you stop recording, the recording is processed and saved to SharePoint if it was a channel meeting or at OneDrive if it was any other type of meeting.
5. To find the meeting recording, look at the meeting chat or at channel conversation (if you’re meeting in a channel). *
* Note: A good thing about Microsoft Teams recordings, is that the recordings do not expire, so you can view them at any time you want.
Method 2: Record Teams Meetings via Web Portal.
The second method to record a meeting in MS Teams, is by using the Microsoft Teams Web portal.
1. Sign in to your Microsoft Teams account and start/join a meeting.
2. Click on the Three dots … menu on the panel on your screen and select Start recording. *
* Note: Once the recording starts, all meeting members will be notified about.
3. To stop the recording, click on the Three dots … menu again and this time, select Stop recording.
4. After you stop recording, the recording will be processed and saved to SharePoint if it was a channel meeting or at OneDrive if it was any other type of meeting.
5. To view the recording, look at the meeting chat or at channel conversation (if you’re meeting in a channel.
Method 3: How to Record & Save Teams Meetings Secretly (without the other person knowing) on Windows 10.
If you want to record a meeting in Microsoft Teams, without notifying the other participants, we recommend using Game Bar. This program was initially launched for gamers so they can record videos, broadcast gameplay online, and take screenshots.
Here's how you can use the Windows 10 Game Bar to record and save Teams meetings without the other participants knowing: *
Important: In some places, you legally need to get everyone's permission before you can record them. Make sure you know the rules before you start.
3. Inside the Gaming window, select Xbox Game Bar from the left panel and then switch the toggle On in the right side to enable the Game Bar.
4. Next, open Microsoft Teams and join a meeting.
6. Upon completion of the recording, you will see a message that states that the recording has been completed. Click on the message to navigate to the location where the recording is saved, or directly navigate to C:\Users\UserName\My Documents\My Videos\Captures\ in the file explorer to find the saved clip. *
* Note: Game bar recordings are automatically saved as .MP4 files.
That's it! Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.