Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is one of the most powerful malware fighting utility programs today and recently it has been updated to version 2.0. The new version has a new user interface which makes the product more friendly and more informative to the end-users. Also, the “Quick Scan” option has been renamed to “Threat Scan” (recommended scan type).
- Related article (Update): How to install and clean your computer with Malwarebytes 3.0 FREE.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free version can detect and remove malware like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, spyware with just a few clicks. On the other hand, if you would like to stay always protected, then you can buy the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium version (cost about 25$).
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium is an amazing new tool that proactively protects personal PCs against advanced criminal software which traditional anti-virus programs cannot detect. This new product has also updated malicious URL blocking technology and enhanced real-time protection from unwanted programs such as aggressive adware and toolbars. Additionally, the new user interface and ultra-quick threat scan ensure that the product is easy to use.
How to Install & Clean your computer with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware v2.0 Free
How to install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware v2.0 FREE (Setup)
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
2. Click at “Start My Free 14-Trial” option to start downloading.
3. When the download is completed, double-click at “mbam-setup-2.0.0” file to start the installation of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
4. At the installation screens, choose your preferred language, and then just press the “Next” button (of course Accept the license Agreement) in order to install the product.
5. At the last installation screen, uncheck the “Enable free Trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium” if you don’t want to try the premium version and press “Finish”.
How to clean your computer with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware v2.0 Free
1. When Malwarebytes Anti-Malware starts, press the “Update Now” button to update the malware database.
2. When the update process is completed, press the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your system for malware and unwanted programs.
3. Now wait until Malwarebytes Anti-Malware finishes scanning your computer for malware.
4, When the scan has completed, first press the “Quarantine All” button to remove all threats and then click “Apply Actions”.
5. Wait until Malwarebytes Anti-Malware removes all infections from your system and then restart your computer (if required from the program) to completely remove all active threats.
6. After the system restart, run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware again to verify that no other threats remain in your system.
Advice No1: Always update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware’s database before you scan your computer.
Advice No2: To ensure that your computer is clean and safe, perform a Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware full scan in Windows "Safe mode".
How to boot Windows into Safe Mode:
Windows 7, Vista & XP users:
- Close all programs and reboot your computer.
- Press the "F8" key as your computer is booting up, before the appearance of the Windows logo.
- When the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" appears on your screen, use your keyboard arrows keys to highlight the “Safe Mode” option and then press "ENTER".
Windows 8 & 8.1 users:
- Press “Windows” + “R” keys to load the Run dialog box.
- Type “msconfig” and press Enter.
- Click the Boot tab and check “Safe Boot”.
- Click “OK” and restart your computer.
Note: In order to boot Windows in “Normal Mode” again, you have to uncheck the “Safe Boot” setting by using the same procedure.
How to perform Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Full Scan.
1. Press the “Scan” option from the top menu.
2. Select “Custom” scan and then click the “Scan Now” button.
3. At “Custom Scan Configuration” options, first check all available scanning options from the left pane, select the disk(s) to scan from the right pane and finally press the “Start Scan” button to scan your entire system for malware.
- How to Backup Synology NAS to External USB Drive. - December 11, 2023
- How to Send Automatic Replies in Outlook with an Office365/Exchange Account. - December 6, 2023
- How to Send Automatic Replies in Outlook with POP3/IMAP Accounts. - December 4, 2023