How to remove YTDownloader Adware program
“YTDownloader” is a browser adware extension (add-on) that displays coupons with offers and advertisements when you are shopping online. The program publisher claims that you can save money when you buy online, but when “YTDownloader” is installed on your computer, then more ads and pop-ups are displayed on your screen as you are working on your computer or as you browse the Internet.
”YTDownloader” adware program was probably installed on your computer without your permission as bundled software inside other free software programs that you downloaded and installed from the Internet. For that reason, you must always pay attention at the installation options of any program that you want to install on your computer and never install the bundled software that the program wants to install with it.
If you want to remove “YTDownloader” Ads from your computer, then follow the steps below:
How to get rid of “YTDownloader” Pop-Up Ads
Step 1. Uninstall “YTDownloader” Adware Application from Windows Control panel.
1. To do this, go to:
- Windows 8/7/Vista: Start > Control Panel.
- Windows XP: Start > Settings > Control Panel
2. Double click to open “Add or Remove Programs” if you have Windows XP or “Programs and Features” if you have Windows 8, 7 or Vista).
3. When the program list is displayed on your screen, sort the programs displayed by Installation date (Installed on) and then find and Remove (Uninstall) any unknown application that was lately installed on your system. Also remove any of these adware applications listed below:
- Sense (Object Browser)
- * Also uninstall any other unknown or unwanted application.
4. Proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Remove "YTDownloader " adware with “AdwCleaner”.
1. Download and save “AdwCleaner” utility to your desktop.
2. Close all open programs and Double Click to open ”AdwCleaner” from your desktop.
3. Press “Scan”.
4. When the scan is completed, press “Clean” to remove all the unwanted malicious entries.
4. Press “OK” at “AdwCleaner – Information” and press “OK” again to restart your computer.
5. When your computer restarts, close "AdwCleaner" information (readme) window and continue to the next step
Step 3. Remove "Ads by YTDownloader" from your Internet browser.
Normally after you follow the above steps, your internet browser should be clean from “YTDownloader” adware. To make sure that the "YTDownloader” add-on doesn’t exist anymore inside your browser, follow the instructions below:
Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox
How to clean “YTDownloader” adware extension from Internet Explorer.
1. Open Internet Explorer and then open “Internet Options”. To do this from IE’s file menu, choose “Tools” * > “Manage Add-ons”
2. Choose “Toolbars and Extensions” on the left pane and then select and “Disable” the following extension:
3. Restart Internet Explorer and proceed to Step 4.
How to uninstall “YTDownloader” extension from Chrome.
1. Open Google Chrome and go to chrome menu and choose "Settings".
2. Choose “Extensions” from the left pane.
3. Remove the unwanted “YTDownloader ” extension by pressing the “recycle bin” icon in that line.
4. Restart Google Chrome and proceed to Step 4.
How to remove “YTDownloader” Ads from Firefox.
1. Click on “Firefox” menu button on the top left of Firefox window and go to “Add-ons”.
2. In “Extensions” options, click on “Remove” button to remove the “YTDownloader” extension*.
3. Close all Firefox windows and restart Firefox.
4. Proceed to the next Step.
Step 4. Remove ‘YTDownloader’ Ads with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
Download and install one of the most reliable FREE anti malware programs today to clean your computer from remaining malicious threats. If you want to stay constantly protected from malware threats, existing and future ones, we recommend that you install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO:
Malwarebytes™ Protection Removes Spyware, Adware & Malware. Start Your Free Download Now!
1. Run "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" and allow the program to update to its latest version and malicious database if needed. 2. When the "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" main window appears on your screen, choose the "Perform quick scan" option and then press "Scan" button and let the program scan your system for threats.
3. When the scanning is completed, press “OK” to close the information message and then press the "Show results" button to view and remove the malicious threats found.
4. At the "Show Results" window check – using your mouse's left button- all the infected objects and then choose the "Remove Selected" option and let the program remove the selected threats.
5. When the removal of infected objects process is complete, "Restart your system to remove all active threats properly".
6. Continue to the next step.
Advice: To ensure your computer is clean and safe, perform a Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware full scan in windows “Safe mode“.*
*To get into Windows Safe mode, press the “F8” key as your computer is booting up, before the appearance of the Windows logo. When the “Windows Advanced Options Menu” appears on your screen, use your keyboard arrows keys to move to the Safe Mode option and then press “ENTER“.
Step 5. Clean unwanted files and entries.
1. Use “CCleaner” program and proceed to clean your system from temporary Internet files and invalid registry entries.*
*If you don’t know how to install and use “CCleaner”, read these instructions.
We're looking for part-time or full-time technical writers to join our team! It's about a remote position that qualified tech writers from anywhere in the world can apply. Click here for more details.
September 27, 2014 @ 12:47 pm
Unfortunately, it wasn't as simple as this. The first time I tried Uninstall from the Control Panel, nothing happened. I tried to delete the folder manually but was told the files were in use by another program. So I went into the registry using regedit and deleted all evidence of YTdownloader from the main tree and from the "Run" sub-folders. Then I used msconfig to uncheck Ytdownloader in the Startup panel. After all that I was able to remove the Ytdownloader sub-folder from the Programs folder using Uninstall. That seems to have worked. The good news is that my Avast anti-virus program blocked Ytdownloader every time it tried something.